How the Patriots (and their fans) can get back some level of respect

what a bunch of whiners.

So where is all the venom when the vikings fake a fg up by 30pts last week?

no venom because no one cares.

I think the coach is a cheat. Everything in past should be questioned.

However this year they are just flat out better than everyone else.

I didn't know they did that....then again, I don't give a crap about the Vikings...DID they fake it with less than 10 minutes left...?? IF they did, it is bush league. IF it was still in the 3rd quarter, then why not?

The real argument is that Running up the score happens. It did yesterday with the golden boy Favre and noone mentioned it.

It happened last week with the Vikes and noone mentioned.

It happens with the Pats and everyone pisses and moans. How quick everyone forgets that the Pats didnt run up the score last year in the playoffs and it cost them the AFC championship.

Look you wanna whine about the coach, and Im all for it. You wanna whine about running up the score and I say tough break.

My concern is from a different stand point. I want Brady out and Cassell in when they are up by 21 in the 4th and I want Cassell throwing the ball.

Not to run it up, but to get him regular game experience.

[
5. Stop going for it on 4th down when you're up by 5 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. Yes, I know the other team are professionals too (not that you would know it based on the way some of the Pats players talk), but there's a difference between that mentality and what you're doing. I'm not asking you to take a knee, but try playing your backups and handing the ball off once in while when you have a big lead.

Kicking field goals is "running up the score" and kneeling would be perceived as even more insulting. Where the pooch punt is vaguely reasonable, the Pats have given it up.

BTW, the Pats are a team that goes for it on 4th in any quarter. As Gregg Easterbrook has consistently noted, the statistically optimum football play is to go for it on 4th in almost every situation.

Talk about sour grapes. If by some chance Belicek was released by the Patriots, teams would be lined up around the block waiting to sign him up. Jealousy is an evil beast ..... ;)

Alternately titled, "Why everyone not wearing Rosie(Colvin)-colored glasses hates the Patriots - nope, it's not jealousy"

Before I begin, to Patriots fans reading this: spare me your "we don't care about your respect" posts - you obviously do, or you wouldn't be in all of the other threads complaining about "Patriot Haters."

2nd thing before I begin: This is still (mostly) just for fun, let's all try to remember that... I'm just trying to help here. :)

1. Fire your coach. Yes, I know he's a "genius," but he's also a cheater and, by all accounts, a jerk to anyone he doesn't deem worthy of his attention, which is most of America.
Alternate #1: At least get the guy to smile once in a while, maybe just try to act a little magnanimous to other coaches and reporters... None of them added laxative to his orange juice this morning, so it would be great if he would stop acting like they did.

2. Stop acting like you're God's gift to football. Seriously, they haven't lost a game all year, but after the ones that have been close you wouldn't know it by listening to them. All they can talk about is how badly they played, like that is the only reason why the JV team on the other side of the field would have any chance at kissing their cleats.

3. Stop complaining about and/or berating the officials after a game you have just WON. It's bad enough seeing the way certain teams act toward the officials after a tough loss (see: Baltimore) and I can't stand that either, but to do it after a game you've won is just ridiculous. Three days' (at least) worth of whining after the Colts game, Mike Vrabel berating an official on the way into the locker room after the Ravens game... come on. But I guess if you're God's gift to football there must be some conspiracy going on for the game to be close.

4. Stop complaining about the other teams' fans complaining about the officials after a game you've won. See #3. With that kind of behavior from you after a win, you have no business getting on someone else's fans after their team just lost a heartbreaker (not saying I agree with their complaining either, but still).

5. Stop going for it on 4th down when you're up by 5 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. Yes, I know the other team are professionals too (not that you would know it based on the way some of the Pats players talk), but there's a difference between that mentality and what you're doing. I'm not asking you to take a knee, but try playing your backups and handing the ball off once in while when you have a big lead.
Alternate #5: If you're intent on demolishing the rest of the league to prove some kind of point, at least admit that's what you're doing instead of insulting our intelligence by pretending you're not.

6. Stop making up stupid jokes and sending chain emails about the "new rules for the Patriots offense," etc. Or at least try to confine them to the NE area. No one else thinks they are remotely funny.

7. Put all of your backup copies of those tapes on the Internet and let us all know exactly what advantage (if any) you got from them. This is at least partially Roger Goodell's fault, and to be honest I'm not sure I really want to know, because it could be one of those things a league never recovers from (which is probably why we haven't seen them). There's just something fishy about the way the whole thing was handled.

8. Lower your flags and march straight back to England, stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for 100 years of theft, rape, and murder. Do that, and your men shall live. Do it not, and everyone of you will die today. Oops, sorry, wrong list. Got a little carried away there....;)

OK, seriously - I really am just trying to have a little fun here, but you guys who are Pats fans can't read this without admitting that there is some truth to it, and without getting some kind of an understanding of why everyone feels the way they do about your team.

I think there are plenty of people who are tired of hearing about the '72 Dolphins who would gladly embrace the Patriots of 2001 if they were the ones going for this record, but all of the stuff that has happened recently is just too much for most of us to feel good about.

There's also the idea that they "bought" their team this year, and generally speaking that tends to turn people off... but I can't really begrudge them that, since they did it within the rules of the current system. BTW, the "lifelong fans" in the brand new Wes Welker jerseys don't really help this cause (yes, I'm talking to you, Bill Simmons).

OK, I think I've said my piece... let me have it.

Make no mistake about it the Pats are running it up. But after losing the AFC championship the way they did last year, do you blame them.

All you have to do is look at the box score from a game between the Texans and the Titans this year and Belichek is vindicated. I think it was week 7. I watched the ending with D*'s SF package.

The Titans were up 32-7 entering the 4th quarter.
Houston put up 29 points in the fourth while the Titans scored 3. The score was 36-35 Texans with 57 seconds left in the game.

Then a bomb by the Titans put them in position to kick the game winner with :00 on the clock.

Thats why you score as many points as you can whenever it is.

The real argument is that Running up the score happens. It did yesterday with the golden boy Favre and noone mentioned it.

It happens with the Pats and everyone pisses and moans. How quick everyone forgets that the Pats didnt run up the score last year in the playoffs and it cost them the AFC championship.

Look you wanna whine about the coach, and Im all for it. You wanna whine about running up the score and I say tough break.

My concern is from a different stand point. I want Brady out and Cassell in when they are up by 21 in the 4th and I want Cassell throwing the ball.

I agree with some of your points....but if he is there up 30 and just handing the ball off with 10 left, I have NO ISSUES with that....but throwing bombs is another issue. Everyone knows who is calling the plays, but we ALL know that pretty boy does not mind the stats....so he won't say no. And last year, the score was 21-6 in the THIRD QUARTER...they did NOT have a chance to "run it up". :rolleyes:

Oh really, well Favre threw a 46 yard td pass yesterday with 4 minutes left in the game up 24 points. Does that bother me, hell no, the pathetic Raider defense should of stopped it, but they didn't and that is on them. Maybe some people will call for Favre's knee to be taken out next time?

It was a 5 yard pass that was turned into a catch and run, not a bomb as your post makes it sound...and on top of that, it followed 5 straight runs.

By the minnesota game do you mean the 11-19 run/pass ratio in the second half? And the fact that they not only scored ONLY once in the 3rd quarter (a running play no less) and NOT AT ALL in the 4th quarter. Where is the running of the score in that one?

It was really nice to see Art Shell get another shot :rolleyes::rolleyes: LOL

And Shell made matters WORSE for the franchise....gimme a break!:rolleyes:
Do you remember the record on the 2nd stint with the Raiders.....??!! Do you? LOL....nice to know that YOUR Pats show their loyality, or would Adam Vinatieri second guess that..??!! I mean he only won 3 Super Bowls for ya....:rolleyes:

So your "loyalty" rant does not have a leg to stand on.....:hatsoff:

And Shell made matters WORSE for the franchise....gimme a break!:rolleyes:
Do you remember the record on the 2nd stint with the Raiders.....??!! Do you? LOL....nice to know that YOUR Pats show their loyality, or would Adam Vinatieri second guess that..??!! I mean he only won 3 Super Bowls for ya....:rolleyes:

So your "loyalty" rant does not have a leg to stand on.....:hatsoff:

I was poking fun of Shell's second stint with the Raider's not at the Raiders loyalty.

As for Vinatieri, he wanted to be paid the most money of any kicker out there and he got it.

You know as well as I do that the salary cap system is set up for just that. If a team is consistently good and their players are tops at their positions a team cant possibly pay them that way or they would be over the cap.

As for Vinatieri the Pats were willing to pay the guy to be one of the top kickers, they just werent willing to set a new financial benchmark for kickers.

While I look to next year to see how the Pats handle Samuel, name a player that left here for the money and made the Pats look foolish?

Branch? McGinnest? Woody? Law? Milloy? I dont think you can look at any of those guys and say ohhh the Pats shoud have paid them what they wanted.

This isnt HS or pop warner. These atheletes get paid every week. Offense gets paid to score. Defense gets paid to stop scoring. Its simple.

My only complaint is that the starters are on the field in the 4th in blowouts. I think blowouts are the perfect time to get back ups in to play. Not just to hand the ball off, but to run the offense. Its the only way to get your players valuable game situation snaps.

I was poking fun of Shell's second stint with the Raider's not at the Raiders loyalty.

As for Vinatieri, he wanted to be paid the most money of any kicker out there and he got it.

You know as well as I do that the salary cap system is set up for just that. If a team is consistently good and their players are tops at their positions a team cant possibly pay them that way or they would be over the cap.

As for Vinatieri the Pats were willing to pay the guy to be one of the top kickers, they just werent willing to set a new financial benchmark for kickers.

While I look to next year to see how the Pats handle Samuel, name a player that left here for the money and made the Pats look foolish?

Branch? McGinnest? Woody? Law? Milloy? I dont think you can look at any of those guys and say ohhh the Pats shoud have paid them what they wanted.

This isnt HS or pop warner. These atheletes get paid every week. Offense gets paid to score. Defense gets paid to stop scoring. Its simple.

My only complaint is that the starters are on the field in the 4th in blowouts. I think blowouts are the perfect time to get back ups in to play. Not just to hand the ball off, but to run the offense. Its the only way to get your players valuable game situation snaps.

THERE we agree.

I still think there's a difference between what you're talking about and what the Pats are doing... but the only thing I have a real problem with in this post is the section I bolded. You make it sound like the Pats could have just scored at will on the Colts and the game would have been over, but instead sat on the lead and lost because of it. That's not the way I remember that game...There was one point where they could have scored again in the first half, but they took themselves out of field goal range with penalties and sacks. After that, it was just the Colts taking it to them...

I still think there's a difference between what you're talking about and what the Pats are doing... but the only thing I have a real problem with in this post is the section I bolded. You make it sound like the Pats could have just scored at will on the Colts and the game would have been over, but instead sat on the lead and lost because of it. That's not the way I remember that game...There was one point where they could have scored again in the first half, but they took themselves out of field goal range with penalties and sacks. After that, it was just the Colts taking it to them...

:up:up:up

Well that and "face guarding".

Gotta love it. Typical Pats fan - there's always some other reason why they lost.... or in the case of this year, why the other team didn't just roll over and die. Can't be that the other team is actually good (or in the case of last year, better).

Right on my brother. How quickly I had forgotton the NFL's desire to bring Manning a championship. :up :D :up

Imagine if the Colts were like the Milwaukee Bucks and Portland Trailblazers of the 80's? Like the Sox in the 70's? Perenial also rans. That wouldnt have helped Manning, the NFL and all of those commercials he does. :D :D

Oh and btw, Manning, if youre reading since you are a shill for anyone who throws a penny at you, I have a used spam sandwich on EBAY that could use some hype, I will give ya a dime to say a few nice things about it.

Oh whattya know I think he just PMed me a YES!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)