How to add a DiSEqC switch to a motorized system?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back to the concept of using a splitter (in reverse) to eliminate the need to pass a signal through the motor and alleviate attenuation from the motor - What brands of splitters have you had luck with in this scenario?

I have two different types of "all-port-passing" bi-directional high-bandwidth splitters that I have successfully used to split signals coming FROM the lnb to multiple receivers. Both splitters work fine for that functionality, but when flipping them around so that I can split the signal coming from the receiver to two separate devices (motor on one leg, and lnb on other leg), it never works. Neither leg ever gives power to the motor and neither leg ever gets a signal from the lnb. I cannot understand why this would be, except that maybe they are not truely bi-directional in the sense of sending diseqc/power/etc?

I actually have a need for this functionality for more than just the purpose of bypassing attenuation, as I have two motors now that have problems internally that keep them from passing the signal through the motor and back to the receiver. I can get the motor to move via diseqc, so if I could use a splitter as above, I could get the signal from the lnb, and all would be grand without having to do major tinkering to figure out where the problem exists internally to the motor.

Back to the concept of using a splitter (in reverse) to eliminate the need to pass a signal through the motor and alleviate attenuation from the motor - What brands of splitters have you had luck with in this scenario?

I have used the Sadoun house brand splitters for this.
I guess with other brands your mileage may vary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts