How to add new channels

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
I have a friend who wants Glorystar and I am planning on doing her install.

If I understand everything correctly, all of the channels are pre-programmed into the firmware. My friend will not be interested in all of the other FTA offerings on the two GS satellites.

So, how does one add the "new" channels that are added to the GS packages without getting all the other FTA channels that are on IA5?

If there were ever a reason to do a factory reset, then all these "new" channels would have to be reprogrammed. My friends are not electronically adept so I want to get these questions answered before they shell out the $200 for the single room package.

Thanks.

A user can always add a single transponder by using the satellite editor. It varies a little with the model of receiver used. SatelliteAV has very good technical support. I would buy from them and then use them for Glory Star support.
Bob

If I remember right (from previous glorystar posts) you press 2020 on the box and that will upadte the Glorystar channels

get the Glorystar receiver. Its a Fortec receiver but has the special software in it that allows the box to do the updates like that

If I remember right (from previous glorystar posts) you press 2020 on the box and that will upadte the Glorystar channels

get the Glorystar receiver. Its a Fortec receiver but has the special software in it that allows the box to do the updates like that

Tony,
"2020" (or "1010" or "3030") only resets the channels that were pre-loaded into the receiver. There is no update function on the Mercury II receiver. Glorystar, is going to offer this feature on a future receiver. Not yet available.
Bob

bummer....but if it reloads the original channels, wouldn't it load the updated ones too?
No - SatelliteAV loads the channels into a firmware memory on the M II. When you enter the appropriate code (ie 1010 for just AMC4; 2020 for AMC4 & G25; and 3030 for just G25) it reloads the programs from that original firmware. Each time Glorystar adds a new channel they update the firmware loaded into new receivers just prior to shipping them.
Bob

This still doesn't really help me. I know how to have them scan a transponder or scan the satellite, but, this will add all of the channels, including ones they aren't interested in.

I guess using a channel editor is the only way to add a single new channel are a few at a time as GS "adds" channels to their lineup.

Glorystar1 will probably chime in here, but I use the built in editor. If I blind scan and check to see if anything is new that I want I use the built in editor to move that channel into my top bunch (curently 38 of them) then go out of and back into edit to "delete". down arrow to the first one I want to delete, hit OK in center of arrows, the red dot comes up and drops me down to the next one. I just keep going down until I reach my number 1 (which I do not mark) press the blue button to erase or delete then click on yes to save my edit! All the extras are gone. There may be an easier way, BUT IT WORKS! this dog is slow at learning new tricks! HTH.
POP

PS. you can use "Transponder edit" I think it is to add single new channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)