How to ask for an Eastern Arc upgrade?

I'd love EA at my other house when we install over there. Just got off of an online chat with a CSR and was told there are 3 criteria for EA.

1 All mpeg4 equipment
2 Locals, both SD and HD on EA
3 New customer

Well I have an old 508PVR on the bedroom. I could willingly upgrade that to a 612. That would satisfy #1.

My locals in HD are on 61.5 and in SD they're on 110. I don't care about the SD versions as A) I never watch locals in SD and B) I get excellent OTA for my locals (even at 42 miles out from the towers) so I REALLY don't need my locals 3 different ways.

I'm not a new customer. Hmmmm.....
My boys are living at the house now. Neither of THEM has ever been a Dish customer. So theoretically I could satisfy #3 by having one of the boys sign up, go on autopay, and we just transfer the money into their account when the bill is about to be paid.

That still leaves #2 though and I'm not sure how flexible E* would be on this.

I'd love EA at my other house when we install over there. Just got off of an online chat with a CSR and was told there are 3 criteria for EA.

1 All mpeg4 equipment
2 Locals, both SD and HD on EA
3 New customer

Well I have an old 508PVR on the bedroom. I could willingly upgrade that to a 612. That would satisfy #1.

My locals in HD are on 61.5 and in SD they're on 110. I don't care about the SD versions as A) I never watch locals in SD and B) I get excellent OTA for my locals (even at 42 miles out from the towers) so I REALLY don't need my locals 3 different ways.

I'm not a new customer. Hmmmm.....
My boys are living at the house now. Neither of THEM has ever been a Dish customer. So theoretically I could satisfy #3 by having one of the boys sign up, go on autopay, and we just transfer the money into their account when the bill is about to be paid.

That still leaves #2 though and I'm not sure how flexible E* would be on this.

Good luck in your attempt.

My only hope, and so far it looks good, is that I have a line of sight issue, I will loose 110 and 119 in a matter of months due to tree growth. And for HD I can't get 129 because its to low on the horizon, and to many tree's in that direction.

Just waitin on my local retailer now to see if he gets the authorization he needs to do the install from Dish.

Gary

Well......got some bad news the other day. My local retailer called me after he talked to his contact within Dish. He basically told me that if I want the EA solution I should work through the dish csr and let dish select an installer. It boiled down to the fact that he would have great difficulty getting paid from dish to do the install.

I asked him a few questions about what he had been told. From what I could pick up on apparently he is classified as a third party installer and as a result has to play by a different set of rules than the regular dish installer. As a result he will not be allowed to install an Eastern Arc solution for me. Makes no sense to me as the dish csr told me that I was OK to go EA.

Not quite sure what to do at this point. May call dish csr back and see if one of thier installers can come out for a site survey. My biggest concern is the mount point for the new dish. There is only two locations that would work for me. If neither of them work guess I gonna call my cable company.

Gary

chkord, I understand you want to select your own preferred local installer, but to the point of abandoning EA????????

No.......I actually am going to require the EA due to a LOS due to a tree planted a few years ago. I wanted the local installer because I know him and his install crew, they do an excellent job. I guess less worries when your working with someone you know and trust.

There is one very remote chance that I could stay with the WA if the new dish were mounted on the South end of my garage. 110 and 119 would be no problem but 129 is so low in the sky I believe yet another tree in the neighbors yard would cause problems.

So I figured I would call and ask for a site survey using a dish installer. That way I would know for sure which way I would have to go and give me a chance to get a feel for what type of installer I am dealing with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)