How to auto scan all the satellites for FTA if you have motor insalled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dzhan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Hi, I just installed motor and it seems can pick up some satellites, but I had to scan them one by one. Is there a way to scan them all at once?

Thanks,:)

Fortec Classic NA receiver and SG2100 motor. Currently I can get cctv from g 3c and a lot of channels from telsat 5. I tried several other sats but most of them does not have any fta at all. Is there a list of sats which only shows fta channels avaiable?

Thanks,

No body answered my first question which is how to automatically scan all the satellite when you installed a motor?

Thanks,

The dish points at one satellite at a time! (unless you have more than one LNBF).

There is no way to scan all the satellites at once, even with the Satwork 3688 it will scan one satellite, then move to the next scan that and move on......

If you have it use USALS then at least (after set up) the dish will KNOW where to move then all you have to do is a blind scan (on each satellite) !

the one thing I will warn with scanning multiple satellites (at least on the Coolsat) is it starts blind scanning BEFORE the motor has move to the satellite.

So if you scan SBS6 and then AMC5, you'll miss the Educational mux on 11742 V 11110 every time because the motor hasnt finished moving to AMC5

that kind of takes the shine off that feature! Those two birds are within 5 degrees of each other. I'm going to order one tomorrow anyway, lots of other plusses with the Coolsat. Maybe a firmware update will cure that

Pete,

I want to know if there is a way which automatically scan all the satellite (one after another of course since the motor has to move to point to the satellite. Currently I have to manually go to each satellite and click scan. I use Classic NA receiver.

Thanks,

I know I can do that with a Satwork 3688 but I do not think it can be done with the Classic NA.

With the Satwork 3688 you could hit "Scan all satellites" leave it scanning all night then when you get up in the morning all satellites have been re-scanned and any new finds entered into the receiver!

The problem that iceberg is mentioning is a result of the scanning procedure not being aware of the state of the dish which should come from the motor mgmnt functions that send DISEqC or USALS commands. it can easily be remedied if they were coded as state machines where one would stand by for the other to finish before it progreesed to the the next step.
PSB, are you sure that you are getting all the channels on the sats that you group scan? (I am not disputing your statement but rather curious if a vendor has a good implementation so that I can add it to my shopping list ;)

So Classic NA does not have the function to scan all the satellite automatically, which one has besides satwork 3688?

Coolsat 5000 allows you to pick what satellites to scan...you select the ones you want and it scan the first one, then moves to the second, etc

But read the note I posted about that.....scan starts before the dish is at the satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)