How to auto tune on a Wally.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rvvaquero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
SE Texas
I just switched from a VIP211K to a Wally, trying to learn the new interface.

One of my most used features on the 211 was to "auto tune". For example, I would go into the guide and see that a program is coming on in two hours. So, I would select that program and be given choices of recording it or auto tuning to it. I could choose auto tune and when the program came on, it would automatically switch to that channel.

I don't have that option on the Wally. It only gives me recording options. Does anyone know how to set the receiver to automatically tune to a specific channel at a predetermined time?

Thanks.

I see it on my Wally now for future recordings

10F6CD6B-CB9E-4750-8F0C-688AA4211057.jpeg

Reactions: JSheridan
Okay, thanks. So, I have to tell it to record, then go back and tell it to not record. I never would have found that simply because I didn't want to record it in the first place. :)

I knew you guys would know, thanks again.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Okay, thanks. So, I have to tell it to record, then go back and tell it to not record. I never would have found that simply because I didn't want to record it in the first place. :)

I knew you guys would know, thanks again.
There are a couple of other options for setting auto-tune timers on a Wally, that you may be interested in. The simplest way would be to temporarily disconnect your external hard drive. Then, any timer set from the guide would only give you the auto-tune option. When you are done setting auto-tune timers, you can reconnect the external hard drive.

The other option would be to set a manual timer. Go to DVR > Timers > Options > Create a Timer
AutoTune is one of the timer types available when you set a timer that way. It is always a good idea to learn how to set a manual timer, just in case the guide information is messed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)