How to change the channel on the other Hopper 3 tuners?

Almighty1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
San Francisco, California USA
Greetings everyone:

I have two questions concerning the Hopper 3 and it's tuners. How does one actually access the other tuners so for example, how does one select the other tuners to change the channel on it so that each of the tuners will be buffering as it seems like the instructions and documentation only talks about changing the channels on one tuner only.

You don't have to worry about that. The only time you can access a specific tuner is when it is being used by the Hopper. Typically that's when a timer was set to record something. You can go to the TV activity screen and see what tuners are in use and can then select one of the in use ones to either view the program, start over, stop recording, etc... Otherwise, customers do not have to worry about "choosing" a tuner to view or record with. Just change channels, set timers and let the Hopper figure out the rest.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Options, Tv activity and then select which tuner that is being used and join it. The hopper 3 doesn't show tuners not being used ,only the ones that are actively being used or recording.

The hopper 3 doesn't show tuners not being used ,only the ones that are actively being used or recording.

Not really. What can confuse customers is when they see tuners listed as 'Available' in the activity screen and not understand why they can't select them to do anything with. Happens at times and depends upon what the user has done in the way of swap channels they may have set (the tuner is 'active', just not something they can mess with from the activity screen). Set a lot of swap channels (not recall channels) and the list expands. Users at times think they need (or can) select one of these as an active channel to change.

Dish1.jpg Dish2.jpg Dish3.jpg

Actually, what I meant is let's say I am tuned in to a channel on one tuner but I didn't set the timer or record for that channel, how would I go about keeping the current tuner on the channel and buffering and view another channel on another tuner while being able to jump between them?

Actually, what I meant is let's say I am tuned in to a channel on one tuner but I didn't set the timer or record for that channel, how would I go about keeping the current tuner on the channel and buffering and view another channel on another tuner while being able to jump between them?
Set an instant record on the first channel. Press the Select button and then Record... If you want to go back and forth you will need to do the same on the second channel.

Use multiscreen swap feature...
Tune channel '7'...
press picture in picture 'swap' button...
change that channel as desire, say channel '8'...
swap button will flip between the two buffering channels.
I have done this using 4 channel multi-view with varying degrees of success.

Reactions: Tron2012
You can use multiview to watch 4 different channels at the same time. Each one of the 4 will buffer simultaneously. You can use the arrow keys to switch between the channels to hear the audio for that channel. You can hit select to view the channel you are on full screen. Then pressing the swap button will take you back to the 4 channel view. I use it all the time.

Reactions: Tron2012
Use multiscreen swap feature...
Tune channel '7'...
press picture in picture 'swap' button...
change that channel as desire, say channel '8'...
swap button will flip between the two buffering channels.
I have done this using 4 channel multi-view with varying degrees of success.
That's how I do it on HWS's, and it works well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)