Raycom v. Dish

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
I just saw a message on WVUE, the FOX affiliate of New Orleans, that Dish is dropping WVUE. I am guessing the contract between Dish and Raycom is about to end really soon and that an agreement has not been reached. Sadly (for the network programming), we are missing our Tribune owned ABC and CW, too. For WVUE, I would miss the local, syndicated, and network programming.

raycom has a ton of stations

Yes, Raycom does. I know they even have at least two others in LA: WAFB in Baaton Rouge and KSLA in Shreveport. However, unfortunately, I do not know the whole list offhand for the US. I just posted from my Tapatalk app when I saw it on TV.

I saw this link: http://ourlocalcommitment.com/wvue/?sf31986048=1

Apparently, the deadline is August 4 at 5 P.M.

Yes, Raycom does. I know they even have at least two others in LA: WAFB in Baaton Rouge and KSLA in Shreveport. However, unfortunately, I do not know the whole list offhand for the US. I just posted from my Tapatalk app when I saw it on TV.

Take a look at yesterday's Uplink Report. All the stations that show guide data are Raycom channels.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/7-27-2016-19-26-uplink-report-130-changes.362285/

Here is a list:

WBRC Birmingham AL FOX
WDFX Dothan AL FOX
WAFF Huntsville AL NBC
WSFA Montgomery AL NBC
KAIT Jonesboro AR ABC
KMSB Tucson AZ FOX
KOLD Tucson AZ CBS
KTTU Tucson AZ MNTV
WPGX Panama City FL FOX
WFLX West Palm Beach FL FOX
WALB Albany GA ABC
WALB Albany GA NBC
WFXG Augusta GA FOX
WTVM Columbus GA ABC
WXTX Columbus GA FOX
WTOC Savannah GA CBS
KFVE/KGMV/KGMD Honolulu HI MNTV
KGMB Honolulu HI CBS
KHNL/KOGG/KHBC Honolulu HI NBC
KYOU Ottumwa IA FOX
KNIN Boise ID FOX
WFIE Evansville IN NBC
WAVE Louisville KY NBC
WAFB Baton Rouge LA CBS
WBXH Baton Rouge LA MNTV
KPLC Lake Charles LA NBC
WVUE New Orleans LA FOX
KSLA Shreveport LA CBS
KFVS Cape Girardeau MO CBS
WQWQ/WQTV Cape Girardeau MO CW
WLOX Biloxi MS ABC
WLOX Biloxi MS CBS
WDAM Hattiesburg MS ABC
WDAM Hattiesburg MS NBC
WDBD Jackson MS FOX
WLBT Jackson MS NBC
WBTV Charlotte NC CBS
WECT Wilmington NC NBC
WSFX Wilmington NC FOX
WXIX Cincinnati OH FOX
WOIO Cleveland OH CBS
WUAB Cleveland OH MNTV
WTOL Toledo OH CBS
WUPW Toledo OH FOX
KSWO Lawton/Wichita Falls OK ABC
WCSC Charleston SC CBS
WIS Columbia SC NBC
WMBF Myrtle Beach SC NBC
WTNZ Knoxville TN FOX
WMC Memphis TN NBC
KEYU Amarillo TX Telemundo
KFDA Amarillo TX CBS
KAUZ Lawton/Wichita Falls TX CBS
KKTM Lawton/Wichita Falls TX Telemundo
KSWX Lawton/Wichita Falls TX ThisTV
KCBD Lubbock TX NBC
KTLE Odessa/Midland TX Telemundo
KWAB Odessa/Midland TX NBC
KWES Odessa/Midland TX NBC
KLTV Tyler/Lufkin TX ABC
KTRE Tyler/Lufkin TX ABC
KRHD Waco TX ABC
KSCM Waco TX Telemundo
KXXV Waco TX ABC
WUPV Richmond VA CW
WWBT Richmond VA NBC

I just saw a message on WVUE, the FOX affiliate of New Orleans, that Dish is dropping WVUE. I am guessing the contract between Dish and Raycom is about to end really soon and that an agreement has not been reached. Sadly (for the network programming), we are missing our Tribune owned ABC and CW, too. For WVUE, I would miss the local, syndicated, and network programming.
Whare are you located? Can you get them ota?

Yep all Raycom stations have that link online. They are in gouge mode again. Trying to gouge more from dish that the other networks. They are lying to their customers to try to turn them into pawns against Dish Net to have them bitch and cause trouble to get more money. Glad I only get the Raycom stations OTA and another area via sat.

Reactions: pattykay
In 2013 Raycom wanted to quadruple the rate.
I stumbled on an old news articles about it earlier today.

In 2013 Raycom wanted to quadruple the rate.
I stumbled on an old news articles about it earlier today.

but what was the rate to start?
1 cent per customer?
.01 cent per customer?
$1 per customer?
without a real number saying how much of an increase they want is worthless

Reactions: Troch77
without a real number saying how much of an increase they want is worthless

I don't care what the rate was, a 400% increase is too much.

It may be chump change to individuals (say $1 to $4), but not when you are talking about 10s-100s of thousands of subscribers.

And rest assured the subscribers would throw a fit over the increase. Even if Dish spend $$$ to implement local billing rates (based on the fees for each of the local stations carried), people would still complain and jump ship over the fees.

Whare are you located? Can you get them ota?

I cannot get them consistently (at least not with the RCA antenna Dish sent). I would probably need a roof top one. Channel 8 is a difficult one to get sometime. Channel 26 used to be the easiest one for me to catch.

Our local just posted the following on their facebook page:
We are currently negotiating with DISH to avoid them removing FOX19 NOW from their system. Unfortunately, a very small number of carriers, like DISH have started making our business negotiation your problem. The deadline is August 4th. Please go to ourlocalcommitment.com/wxix/ for more information. We are also available via our news and weather apps, mobile sites and websites for live streaming of our newscasts.

My comment-FIRST
With all respect, BULLPUCKEY! It takes 2 to tango and if Raycom didn't want their channels pulled, they would make sure that wouldn't happen. And airing one's dirty laundry always makes the person airing the laundry look pretty bad!
Your company is extorting cable and satellite carriers and they are passing the cost on to us the subscribers! TWC subscribers can now see how much they pay just in extortion fees by broadcasters. Charging satellite and cable systems to carry your signal within the area the FCC licenses you to serve should be illegal! But I guess it's nice to have a giant organization like the NAB lobbying Congress to make sure that doesn't happen.

And it looks like this brinksmanship is nothing new to Raycom and Dish. So stop taking it out on your viewers
---2013 Press Release
http://about.dish.com/press-release/programming/dish-and-raycom-reach-agreement-36-markets

Our local just posted the following on their facebook page:
We are currently negotiating with DISH to avoid them removing FOX19 NOW from their system. Unfortunately, a very small number of carriers, like DISH have started making our business negotiation your problem. The deadline is August 4th. Please go to ourlocalcommitment.com/wxix/ for more information. We are also available via our news and weather apps, mobile sites and websites for live streaming of our newscasts.

My comment-FIRST
With all respect, BULLPUCKEY! It takes 2 to tango and if Raycom didn't want their channels pulled, they would make sure that wouldn't happen. And airing one's dirty laundry always makes the person airing the laundry look pretty bad!
Your company is extorting cable and satellite carriers and they are passing the cost on to us the subscribers! TWC subscribers can now see how much they pay just in extortion fees by broadcasters. Charging satellite and cable systems to carry your signal within the area the FCC licenses you to serve should be illegal! But I guess it's nice to have a giant organization like the NAB lobbying Congress to make sure that doesn't happen.

And it looks like this brinksmanship is nothing new to Raycom and Dish. So stop taking it out on your viewers
---2013 Press Release
http://about.dish.com/press-release/programming/dish-and-raycom-reach-agreement-36-markets
I posted something similar on their page and it was as I predicted taken down by them.

Reactions: Tampa8
I cannot get them consistently (at least not with the RCA antenna Dish sent). I would probably need a roof top one. Channel 8 is a difficult one to get sometime. Channel 26 used to be the easiest one for me to catch.
Yea that antenna they sent works in Arabi at my moms but wasn't even close at my house in Hammond.

This dispute would be really bad for the Cleveland, Ohio market. We are already missing WJW Fox 8 because of the Tribune dispute, and now Raycom is threatening to remove WOIO CBS 19 and WUAB MY 43. Unfortunately, two of the local channels being dropped are the same two that I cannot receive OTA (WJW and WOIO) which would pretty much make the satellite-delivered Cleveland locals package useless. Does anyone think that it is just a coincidence that the Raycom deadline is August 4th, which is the same date that the Flex Pack officially becomes available, providing an easy way to drop the locals from our subscription?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)