How to check

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are no free space indicators built in or available otherwise. I am surprised that D* has not done so considering the demand for it. This is about as high on the list as folders for some! Here is a link from TCF, there are other links on the topic as well.

v6.2 contains no Free Space Indicator.

TiVo doesn't care for it.

There are long standing reasons why and why not to have one -- tivocommunity.com has discussed them to death, if you're really, really curious.

(Summary: Even if you have, say x GB of free space left, Variable Bit-Rate recording takes a variable amount of time per hour of recording. So even if you knew "x GB" remaining, or "94% free", that might be 5 hrs of recording at a high bit-rate, or 50 hours of recording at a low bit rate. Dish Network DVRs have attempted to include a FSI, but it's notoriously inaccurate.)

I think TiVo would rather hear whining about "how come I don't have a free space indicator?" rather than "Your box says up to 70 hours. How come I'm only getting 55?"

P.S. If you leave Suggestions turned on, they can be a useful approximation of FSI.
If you have any suggestions recorded, you have space free. If you don't have any suggestions, you're out of space. TiVo will -always- record and retain programming you have told it to record over suggestions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts