How to combine internet and video on one coax

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jthomas

Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
TX
I asked this question at the tail end of another thread a d I thought that it would get more views if I started anew.

Here goes:

My internet provider is Time Warner and the coax enters the attic, goes through a GLF-1002B2 MOA filter and then to a SV-36 splitter which, via coax, goes to my computer room.

Is there a way to combine the video output from my SCS-2A with the coax that my internet is on and then split the two when they get to my computer room so that I don't have to run another coax for video to my computer room?

Thanks,
John

If you are talking about combining the UHF ch 60 freq with your cable's internet signal, then all you can do is try and see if it works. I've done it in the past with no issues but I'm sure this probably isn't a one size fits all situation. You would just need two good quality 2-way splitters on each end.....short coax from the UHF output on the scs-2a diplexer into one of the dual sides of the splitter, cable feed on the other. Connect the coax going to the computer room on the single side. Now use the other 2-way to split the signals in the computer room.

Reactions: JSheridan
Well, my SCS-2A's arrived. I tried every combination and nothing works.

In the attic, I added an SCS-2A in-line with my internet drop and then in my computer room, I placed an SCS-2A in line with the coax going to my cable modem. That seemed simple enough, but all it did was kill my internet connection. I tried every configuration possible with the SCS-2A's and I cannot pass the internet service through the diplexers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Does the room that has the cable modem have a sat rec or is it the tv2 location for a 222 or 722?

The room with the cable modem drop has only the internet cable modem in it. I'm trying to get video on that cable so that I don't have to run another video cable across my attic.

Don't screw with the cable that feeds your internet connection.

Run a separate wire

yeah just run the cable, or hire someone to install it if you dont like attics

or run the coax needed on the outside of the home.

i had a friend who screwed around forver then ran the cable outside along a downspout, so it couldnt be seen.

funny thing was there was a cable line, a telephone line, a outside reading water meter line, and the homes powerline already decorating the outside of his home.......

andhe got hung up on one more cable line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)