how to configure Circular Polarity on C Band LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jermaine

Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Hi,

Iam from Portugal, and i want to get the sat NSS806 on 40,5 W circular polarity
This sat has only channels in C band, but in Europe most os sats are in KU band. So, i need a litle help, to configure an C band Lnb for circular polarity.
I have not experience in working with C Band Lnb´s.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Antonio

most of the newer lnbf's sold today accept a di-electric plate and has a slot that it slides into on the feedhorn this will gain the circular polarity ( this di-electric plate is usually sold with the new lnbf)

hope this helps and welcome to the group.

Thanks for your help. Wich lnb for C band you recommend, for a prime focus dish of 1,8 m.

Best Regards,

Antonio

Is this dish going to be fixed on just that one sat, or motorized? If it's going to be motorized, I'd use something like a Chaparral wideband feed, since this will do both circular and linear C band without you having to go out to the dish and remove/install the dielectric plate every time you want to switch between the 2. I use one here and am getting good performance on both circular and linear. If it's just a fixed dish, then yes a cheapie C band LNBF with a dielectric plate is probably fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)