Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ace68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Snow Belt, OH
Hey guys-

I need a little help. I am replacing 3 tube TV's with 3 Plasma monitors for a customer. My problem is these plasmas don't have a coax F connector input. They have s-video with audio rca (or) RGB (BNC type) with audio rca or VGA. All 3 TV's are now splitting a D* signal (receiver is about 250' away) Is there a converter that will work in getting that F connector to s-video with audio rca. I tried an RF converter butit requires a channel 3-4 to recieve the signal, and I don't have a tuner in the monitors to change channels. Sorryfor the long post, I need to try to get these running by Monday!

Help!!!
Ace

:confused::rant:

Tried one of those, didn't work. It needed the monitor to be on channel 3. Which I could not do b/c the monitor does not have a tuner.

Thanks anyway!

Id say get wireless to hook it up... but i dont know if you can get a wireless set up to do 3 tvs as you would need three OUT outputs to do three RCA out from recievers....

Wireless.jpg

Are the 3 monitors in the same location or 3 separate locations? Cat 5/6 and audio/video Balun Transformers might work but I doubt you can get the equipment by Monday

Cable Electronics Inc.(CELabs) makes an AV4000SV S Video distribution amplifier 1 in 4 out S video and stereo audio. But you still need to find a n S video balun transformer, HDMI and Component baluns have pretty much replaced S video.

thanks guys, I found a solution at "cables to go". Tuner converter box with f-conn in and vga & audio rca out. Will have all 3 Monday hope they work!:p

you realize that is an SD solution......I don't understand why SD on HD monitors! Couldn't you do HDMI or even component over BNC with a distribution amp?

Wild bill- yes I understand the sd solution...the 3 tv.s are replacing 3 SD tube tv's in a cafeteria for aesthetic purposes only...the plasmas were reused from another site and not new...but the tube tv's were in really bad shape. The customer doesn't want to pay for HD (they only use one channel) I tried to convince them to go HD but "NO GO!!" b/c of cost.

thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts