How to connect/reset broadband (wifi) setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nwflyboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
I have a Dish 722, which was originally set up to access my broadband internet connection via wifi (setup was done by the Dish installer guy). It's not the speediest internet connection, but it worked enough to check that off the installation list (I have not tried do download any programming on it yet). A few days ago, I switched out my old home wifi router for a newer (perhaps slightly faster) one (an Apple Airport Extreme, in case that matters - I assume it doesn't), re-creating a new home wifi network. Of course, once I pulled the plug on my old wifi router, everything that had been able to connect to it no longer could - including the Dish 722. The receiver reminds me of this with an icon on the screen that shows some sort of a router.

I assume that all I need to do to make it re-establish a proper connection with the new wifi router is to find the right menu, and enter the new wifi security password (right?).

Can someone point me to the appropriate setting to do this?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)