How to control volume on wireless bluetooth earbuds

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I have Apple airpods v1 and V2 and Samsung galaxy buds. Watching Dish I can't control the volume of these wireless earbuds as these earbuds don't have their own volume control.

I've been looking at bluetooth transmitters and I've not found any that can adjust volume when they are transmitting.

I'm stumped. I have a pair of wireless bluetooth where there is a wire between the 2 earpieces and a volume control BUT I don't like wearing these because of that wire.

I have Apple airpods v1 and V2 and Samsung galaxy buds. Watching Dish I can't control the volume of these wireless earbuds as these earbuds don't have their own volume control.

I've been looking at bluetooth transmitters and I've not found any that can adjust volume when they are transmitting.

I'm stumped. I have a pair of wireless bluetooth where there is a wire between the 2 earpieces and a volume control BUT I don't like wearing these because of that wire.

For Airpod 2nd Gen:

Volume Control for Second-Generation AirPods
  1. Just say, "Hey Siri, raise the volume" or "Hey Siri, turn down the volume."
  2. As with the controls for the original AirPods, you can also ask Siri to raise or lower the volume by percentage; "Hey Siri, raise the volume to 50 percent".
Also this... Adjust the settings of your AirPods

Reactions: HipKat
For Airpod 2nd Gen:

2. As with the controls for the original AirPods, you can also ask Siri to raise or lower the volume by percentage; "Hey Siri, raise the volume to 50 percent".

I'll have to try that out. I assumed Siri is just changing the volume on the iphone and not directly on the airpods and that was not going to work because the iphone was not controlling the volume on the TV/Dish.

Reactions: TheKrell
For Airpod 2nd Gen:

This did not work. AirPods were paired with Hopper and Siri would not respond.

Before I would buy a dedicated bluetooth transmitter just to get volume control I would consider buying earphones that have built in volume controls saving the AirPods for use with the phone. You might also check to if your TV offers bluetooth audio.

Before I would buy a dedicated bluetooth transmitter just to get volume control I would consider buying earphones that have built in volume controls saving the AirPods for use with the phone. You might also check to if your TV offers bluetooth audio.

I have earphones with volume control but I don't like the wire connecting the earpiece. I was unable to find a dedicated bluetooth transmitter with volume control on transmit, I only found volume control on the receiver function of those bluetooth devices.

You need to set the volume on your iphone first, then once you have the volume you like then pair it to the receiver and the sound will be at the level you set on the iPhone.

It's too bad Apple did not put volume control into the airpods themselfs.

You need to set the volume on your iphone first, then once you have the volume you like then pair it to the receiver and the sound will be at the level you set on the iPhone.

It's too bad Apple did not put volume control into the airpods themselfs.

Sorry Scott but IMO the shortcoming is with how the Hopper/Joey handles Bluetooth rather than with the device.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: jasonh1965
I am an avid wireless headphone junkie and I agree it's the shortcoming of these wireless earbuds that they cannot control volume. I have been using Jam bluetooth headphones for over 5 years and would love a totally wireless earbud with volume control. They are few and far between. The couple I have tried, the sound is awful and I have returned them. I have a Micus bluetooth receiver/transmitter that I use to watch tv in our bedroom with my Jam Transits. I use the Jams with the Hopper3 and my 4k Joey through their bluetooth.

What happens when you use the Dish remote to control the volume? I don't use BT w/TV, but do on my tablet and phone and if I want to adjust the volume, I do it on the sending device.

What happens when you use the Dish remote to control the volume? I don't use BT w/TV, but do on my tablet and phone and if I want to adjust the volume, I do it on the sending device.
That only controls the TV volume. The BT Devices are independent. Frankly, I never heard of any type of head phones or ear buds that don't have independent volume control. Looks like Apple was making a product that's only supposed to work with Apple products

Reactions: TheKrell
Most all the new “totally wireless” ear buds do not have volume control in the buds themselves. The volume is controlled by the phone or tablet it is connected to. There are some really cheap ones that can but the sound is horrible. The new Samsung Galaxy Buds do but I haven’t tried them yet. I will be buying them during the holidays when they go on sale.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts