Upgrade to Hopper?

Duraduk

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
I current have a VIP 722 K receiver with Sling device attached. It has been working fine but occasionally locks up when I have the OTA module plugged in. I removed the module. I also have a 512 receiver in my travel trailer which works well. I inquired from Dish about upgrading to a Hopper receiver and they said that I would have to change the RV receiver to a Wally as the Hopper upgrade was a different system. Since both receivers are separate why would I have to upgrade the RV system?

I current have a VIP 722 K receiver with Sling device attached. It has been working fine but occasionally locks up when I have the OTA module plugged in. I removed the module. I also have a 512 receiver in my travel trailer which works well. I inquired from Dish about upgrading to a Hopper receiver and they said that I would have to change the RV receiver to a Wally as the Hopper upgrade was a different system. Since both receivers are separate why would I have to upgrade the RV system?

Up to two purchased 211's or Wally's are allowed on a Hopper account. That's the rules.

If I changed to the Wally would I have to change my RV antenna? I currently use a single LNB aimed at 119. Most of the programming I need is there. If I need to go to 110/129 I manually re aim it.

If I changed to the Wally would I have to change my RV antenna? I currently use a single LNB aimed at 119. Most of the programming I need is there. If I need to go to 110/129 I manually re aim it.

It should work fine with just 119.

They just don’t allow older receivers on Hopper accounts. Just other Hoppers, Wally’s and the ViP211 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
They just don’t allow older receivers on Hopper accounts. Just other Hoppers, Wally’s and the ViP211 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I guess I'll stick with what I have at the moment. It all works and I don't have to invest money into a Wally and the DVR upgrade. The over the air module in the 722 causes lock ups but I can get by w/o it. I would save money by eliminating my local channel subscription.........

Just discovered that my Dish Anywhere is no longer supported on my 722K. What Hopper should I upgrade to? I have one TV in the house and plan on no others. I understand that I will need to get a Wally to replace my 512 which is used in the RV. It is having HD issues.

Just discovered that my Dish Anywhere is no longer supported on my 722K. What Hopper should I upgrade to? I have one TV in the house and plan on no others. I understand that I will need to get a Wally to replace my 512 which is used in the RV. It is having HD issues.

Duraduk, I would recommend a Hopper with Sling or a Hopper 3, if you are looking to utilize DISH Anywhere. The sling is built into the receiver itself so you do not need additional equipment, such as the Sling Adapter.

Duraduk, I would recommend a Hopper with Sling or a Hopper 3, if you are looking to utilize DISH Anywhere. The sling is built into the receiver itself so you do not need additional equipment, such as the Sling Adapter.
I see the monthly fee is the same for either. What will the receivers cost me to upgrade. Been a subscriber since 2012. How much are Wally's?

You would love the Hopper 3. It has DISH Anywhere, can support 4K HDR TV, and has 16 tuners.

I see the monthly fee is the same for either. What will the receivers cost me to upgrade. Been a subscriber since 2012. How much are Wally's?

Duraduk, to purchase a Wally, it is a one time fee of $50. When the Wally is purchased, you would be able to disable the receiver when it is not in use. When it is in use, it would be $7 per month additionally on your account.

So I take it there is not cost to upgrade to Hoppers other than monthly fee.......only the Wally which will cost 50.00

So I take it there is not cost to upgrade to Hoppers other than monthly fee.......only the Wally which will cost 50.00

For a more in-depth look into monthly charges and/or upgrading costs, you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Request Rejected. We have agents ready to help!

I agree that the Hopper 3 is the most awesome DVR out there but if you don't need that many tuners or 4K or MultiView then the Hopper 2 with a Hopper Snap installed isn't so bad. Without the Snap, not so much. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts