How to disconnect an EHD on H3

MIshler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
ontario,ny
I've been experimenting with a second EHD and have experienced system lockups/crash. I've figured out that it happens within hours of removing the drive, not connecting it. I have been disconnecting by turning the system off and unplugging the drives USB cable. Any ideas of a different procedure? A red button boot recovers it but is annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have, for years, simply unplugged the EHD from my still hot receivers, 722, H1, H3. I never had crashes after that. When I unplugged the EHD I would get a slide that said it was removed. When I plug it back in the slide recognized that it was plugged back in.

I have 4 EHDs connected to an USB hub. The USB hub is connected to the H3 3.0 USB port. My Pioneer AV player has a AC plug. The 4 EHDs are plugged into that AC plug using a 4 outlet power cube. When I turn on the AV receiver the 4 EHDs are powered up. I can have 3 of the 4 USB ports active at one time and the H3 sees them. So I see 4 Sources on my H3 DVR 1 for the internal drive and the 3 EHDs. When I shut down the system I use the remote to shut the H3, the TV nad AUX for th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts