how to do this one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johninillinois

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
gf was nice enough to go and get me a new daewood 30 inch 16 x 9 high def monitor for a gift. last night i went and borrow a new lg 4200a high def tuner from a friend close by with a tv store

looking for the best way to hook it up till after xmas when i will be able to go and get my new directv high def receiver. i have 2 component video in and out and 3 video input and my coaxial lead of course. i was hoping to use the comp one for my high def and also leave my tivo to my directv in video one. does this sound like a good idea.

both my local fox and nbc station are now broadcasting in high def and have a uhf antenna outside to grab both signals off air. they both have thier transmitters about 20 miles from me and both signals are good from the off air antenna. any help would be appreciated :) :) :)

johninillinios,I would hookup the hd receiver(when you get it) with component video and hookup the lg 4200 with component video also. If at all possible always use component video for your hookup if possible (unless you have DVI),it will give you the best resolution modes available being 1080i,720p and 480i. When you are watching HD use the 1080i mode and when you are watching SD use the 480i mode. As for the TiVO leave it hook up the way you have it now. Well sounds like you are on the right track now and I hope things work out properly for you ................DIGITAL~DAN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)