How To Find The 119 Satellite

blanca

Jan 31, 2005
Where Can I Go And Ask A Question On How To Find The 119 Satellite? Please I Am Trying To Get Someone To Help :)

Hi!

Well the best way would to use the point dish screen on your receiver.

Menu 6-1-1

Put in your zip and it will give you the azimuth and elevation for your dish.

When you go up on the roof, you want to have a compass to get the dish in the general direction, also set the elevation acording to your number.

Once you get that, turn the dish slightly left and right until you get a lock tone on the receiver. (You probably want a friend to help you read the tv, and some walkie talkies or cordless phone)

Once you get that signal, you can turn it again slightly left or right to get the highest possible number on the screen. Once set tighten the dish.

Next loosen the elevation nuts and move the dish slightly up or down to where the signal is even higher.

Tighten and you're all set.

119 Satellite

We Tried That Already And The 119 Does Not Lock It Does Have 100 On The Tp Any Other Ideas Thanks Alot :)

Hmm...

What do you mean, even though you have a signal strength of 100 it says not locked? Have you run a check switch after you got the 100? Select the check switch button in the point dish screen to run the test...

:) Yes The Satellite 110 Dish Shows The Other 119 Does Not On The System Screen But When I Put It On 119 Then I Change The Transponder It Goes Up To 100 But It Does Not Show That I Got It It Goes Back To 110 What Can I Do To Get 119 Satellite?? I Use The Double Lnb With Multiswitch Also

You have a dish 500 right?

Sounds like you have the 119 LNB (the one on the right) pointed at 110. You need to make sure you have dish 500 selected as your setup when your pointing. Move the dish over to the right and you should have both.

So Do I Have To Change The Lnbs And Move Them Again So That The Lnb Is Looking At The 119 Instead Of 110?? I Understand A Little Bit I Am Sorry Please Be Patient With Me Thank You :)

No, the setup sounds correct, the dish is just pointed to far to the left. It should be moved over the the right.

I think you currently have the left lnb pointing and nothing and the right at 110
It should be the left pointing at 110 and the right at 119...

I WILL TRY DOING THAT AND THEN CHECKING THE SWITCH LIKE YOU SUGGESTED I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND HOPING I CAN ASK YOU QUESTIONS IN THE FUTURE :) :bounce

I couldn't find 119 either, but I handed the Dish to my 11 year old
son (gamer) and he seem to figure out the whole stationary orbit
time continuim....and viola I got the green hum of success.

Birkoff

I seea lot of posts where people get the 110 satellite with the 119 satellite quite a bit on here. I have even done this myself when installing some satellites in the past.

Stargazer said:
I seea lot of posts where people get the 110 satellite with the 119 satellite quite a bit on here. I have even done this myself when installing some satellites in the past.

Wow Gazer, you really are in the stars. You install satellites!!!! Maybe satellite dishes, certainly not satellites. :)

Lol. I meant satellite dishes. My bad. I'm up in the stars flying high tonight with how I type sometimes. I guess thats what I get for typing before I go to bed or typing late.

The OP's terms are new ones on me. Let's assume he's got the standard setup - a Dish 500 with DishPro Twin (hint, hint, BFG ;) ).

The 110 vs. 119 issue is common. Easy to figure out. While on the point dish screen with 119 selected, cover the 110 "eye" with tinfoil. This ensures you're looking out of the "right" eye. ;) NOW you can aim for 119. If you get 110, you're 9 degrees off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)