How to ge pay per view on all multi dvrs

CJ1766

Original poster
Jan 19, 2007
I want to a pay per vie event and have it show on all my dvrs . Can this work with out paying for each dvr. I have a 622 and a 625

Whenever I order a PPV (NOT often) I order 'em on both my receivers (622/722) at the same time, record 'em on both--of course nowadays you've only got 'em for 24 hours once you begin viewing them.:mad: Anyhoo, you only get charged ONCE. It does tell you that in the manual as well.

Ed

Yes, like a few have said order it online. It the easiest way to have the event show up on all receivers on your account. Thats the way I always do it.

If you purchase a PPV via the 500's channels on one of your STB's, you may view that same PPV on all the STB's on your account at no additional charge. However, you will have to go to each STB, and go through the same prompts about "Do you want to buy," etc. Just go through the motions and "purchase" it by saying "Yes." You will NOT be charged any additional money for responding in the affirmative for each of the subsequent STB's on your account. I do this all the time and have done so for years.

So, to recap: purchasing a PPV on the 500's on one STB does allow you to view the same PPV (often more than one channel is unlocked allowing you several viewing times) on all the STB's on your account, but you must go to each STB and answer in the affirmative to all the same prompts for purchasing the PPV. I hope that is clear. This also provides each STB to have its own viewing experience at the control of each person in each room, and is less cumbersome than wiring, unless you love that stuff. It can be fun.

Please be careful to "purchase" the PPV on your other STB's before the end of the 24 hour cycle--within the same cycle as the first PPV purchase. If you purchase after the 24 hour viewing end time, you will be charged again because it is considered the next day.

Your STB's will call-in with the PPV info at different times during the month, but as long as the PPV's were purchased within the same 24 hour viewing cycle, there will only be ONE PPV charge on your bill. This is in regards to the 500 channels (and other PPV such as sport, etc.) and NOT DishONLINE. I don't know if Dish charges per STB for DishONLINE, but I would like to know.

Have fun.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts