How to get a 61.5 dish to a Superdish?

leaderc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2004
For those of us who have the Superdish with the DP34, how, and what kind of LNB does it take to get the 61.5/148 bird on a second dish? The installer tried a SW21 downstream of the DP34 with the old Voom dish pointed at 61.5 and the only signal the STB got was 61.5. So what kind of "second dish" is E* installing to go with the Superdish/DP34? I was hoping to just get the equipment and do it myself.

My guess is you need a Dishpro LNB to replace the LNB on the VOOM dish (as I think it is a legacy type lnb) and a DP21 switch between your DP34 and receiver.

You will have to call Dish since you will need a new DPP44 switch that costs almost $200. But, Dish has a standard price of $100 for the 61.5 install so you get the 61.5 dish and DPP44 switch installed for 1/2 the price of the DPP44 switch alone. So, unless you have other reasons, it would be best to call dish if you have a SuperDish and want 61.5 (other reasons like lying about your real address to get distant locals, etc).

sixbears is right - as long as you only need one or two tuners seeing the wing dish.

mwgiii is giving you the expensive path.

mike123abc is giving you the easy way out. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)