How to get a promotional rate?

lostintv

Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in persuading Dish to give you, as an existing customer, a rate that is offered to new customers. And, if so, how did you do it?

I saw that Dish is advertising DishDVR Advantage for $39.99 for 10 months. I called and asked to get that rate, but the rep wouldn't do it, saying it was only for new customers. I told her that it seems darn unfair to give new customers a better deal than us loyal customers of many years, but my infallible logic did not persuade her.

Any thoughts?

Dish DVR Advantage is avail to existing customers for sure. In fact, when I log into my account there is a message (ad basically) saying to click there to change my plan to the Dish DVR Advantage plan.

Many CSR's don't actually have a clue what they are talking about when they talk to customers. Even when I talk to them as a retailer they tell me some promotions aren't valid - even though I know they are.

They are either poorly trained, or just don't know any better. Best solution is to hang up, and call right back. Sooner or later, you will get to someone that knows what they are doing.

Yes, DishDVR Advantage is available to existing customers, but it's $49.99 a month. But I was trying to get the $39.99 promotional rate.

Many CSR's don't actually have a clue what they are talking about when they talk to customers. Even when I talk to them as a retailer they tell me some promotions aren't valid - even though I know they are.

They are either poorly trained, or just don't know any better. Best solution is to hang up, and call right back. Sooner or later, you will get to someone that knows what they are doing.

CSRs are only trained on direct DISH promotions. Retailer promotions are left up to Retail Services. I don't think training is an issue with CSRs in general, I think it's their reliance on their computer systems for every aspect of what they do from what they say to what options they have. I can see the flip-side, but out of box thinking saves customers, not small credits.

Yes, DishDVR Advantage is available to existing customers, but it's $49.99 a month. But I was trying to get the $39.99 promotional rate.

I think that 39.99 is only for 10 months only for new customer. That is after they have done the mail-in rebate redemption too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)