How to get a wing dish installed for free

Or just "move" to a market on 118 or 129 and call it done. No dish changes needed. Just a simple 5 minutes on the dish online chat.

Pick a 61.5/148 only PI!

Just tell them you want one of the free Public Interest channels. A bunch of them are only on 61.5 or 148!

US Dept of Health & Human Services TV
The Pentagon Channel
Classic Arts Showcase
Good Samaritan Network
Panhandle Area Ed. Consortium

Personally I enjoy Classic Arts Showcase. I asked when I moved if I could get Classic Arts Showcase. In the past the 61.5 was free due to some of my locals on 61.5. I complained when I last moved that I would not get CAS. The CSR (wow I can't believe I had a crafty CSR) suggested I sign up for RAI Radio (was 61.5 then is 118 now) . Then I could cancel RAI Radio the day of the install and get charged for that service. Worked fine for me to get the free 61.5 install.

I emailed ceo @ address I found on this forum after a phone call said $99
I was called right away within 1 hour and got it for free Sunday.

I've emailed them now also after speaking to someone at DISH - who wanted to charge me $99 install, $49 dish, and $79 LNB! Whatever!
We'll see what sort of response I get. I've had hit and miss results with the CEO Email in the past.

It's a shame if they will not do it.

I already have someone coming out to move my dish, since the installer put it right in front of a huge tree this winter when they installed a new dish to pick-up the internationals when they moved from 61.5 to 118. I even pointed out to him that the tree was gonna be huge in Spring and Summer. 20 feet of roof space, and he chose in front of the tree. The rest had line of site. (It wasn't due to cabling either... since the cables were going into the attic under the eave in the middle... he went 15 feet to the left instead of going 10 feet to the right... :rolleyes:)

Anyway, what are gonna do?

just tell them that the programming you requested is no longer available on the satellites you are looking at

You're not getting my point actually! There is not any programming currently on 61.5 that I am not already receiving on the other sats. The only thing that is there are a few of the Public Information Channels that TheTick mentioned.

just call and ask.......your not getting what I'm trying to tell you

Again, calling and asking to just give me 61.5 for no logical reason is not gonna get it.

Just tell them you want one of the free Public Interest channels. A bunch of them are only on 61.5 or 148!

US Dept of Health & Human Services TV
The Pentagon Channel
Classic Arts Showcase
Good Samaritan Network
Panhandle Area Ed. Consortium

Thanks for the information! I tried, but was shot down twice, stating that these Public Interest channels were free and DISH was not Obligated to provide these channels. Furthermore, I would need to subscribe to another Programming Package in order for it to be added. They stated that the HD Only Package would not allow for them to add PI channels.

There is no longer any other programming on 61.5 like RAI Radio that I could subscribe to and cancel. thanks for the suggestions though. :)

Or just "move" to a market on 118 or 129 and call it done. No dish changes needed. Just a simple 5 minutes on the dish online chat.

I'm already "in" a market on 118 or 129.

The main reason I wanted 61.5 Back again was to start getting the locals and other programming in MPEG4... maybe it's not a good idea to jump the gun on this anyway.. I suppose eventually my dishes will need to hit the other two sats they plan to use on Eastern Arc anyway. I just wonder if they will really only offer it to "New" customers at first, as it has been hinted to.

See excel file. About a month ago, I dumped all the 61.5/129 sat info from "the other DISH enthusiast site" into Excel and arranged the data in a way that was easier for me to see the differences. I took out a lot of BS crap I didn't care about, like all the locals. I did this only for my own purposes and for my way of thinking . I wasn't planning on putting it out there for everybody. (so no bitching allowed from the gallery:)) But 100% of the raw data is still all there in a different tab, so you can do your own sorting/BS trimming/etc if you don't like how I did it. Again this is about a month old and my sorting/etc was for my needs at the time.

I think daboogas was saying to call the CSR and say "I'm subscribed to a programming package where some of the channels are on 61.5. And I'm not picking up 61.5. I need a second DISH for 61.5." That's it. The less info you volunteer, the better. Dobagoogas is saying to BE SILENT on all the other crap. Don't lie about anything, but don't volunteer anything either. Think like a politician and keep to the talking points no matter how irrelevant or stupid it sounds. If they say "these channels are on 129" You say it again and act dumber (like a politician would), "I'm subscribed to a programming package where some of the channels are on 61.5. And I'm not picking up 61.5 ."

Attachments

• DISH 61 vs 129.xls
    144 KB · Views: 167

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)