Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntDogg65

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
Hey Guys,

I just got my DirecTV installed today and I am loving it. I have a problem though, I was wondering how to get my Standard STB to work with my Windows Media PC. All of the connections are correct, but I keep getting a error message saying "No Tuner Found". I would love to use this as it gives me an extra DVR. Any information would be helpful.

Wouldn't the output from the STB have to connect to audio/video connections on the PC? If so, why is the PC complaining about not finding a tuner? I suspect it's looking for a PC based tuner, right? And then there's the problem of the PC changing channels on the STB.

How are you connecting the STB? If your looking to control an existing STB that is working on another tv by splitting the TV out or using one of the secondary outputs, your only going to get a mirror of what is playing, not the ability to tune to another show as well.

Make sure in the settings of your tuner card in your PC that youre telling it to look for the S-Video/Composite/Component video input and not the Antenna or Cable input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts