How to get Distants from NPS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
First time I got a female recorded voice, and was denied. (Sorry .... contact your satellite operator)

Called again, got a male recorded voice, and IT WORKED! It will ask for your credit card, you agree to terms, and it says you should get the distants within 24 hours.

I have called many many times and never got the male voice only the female VRU.

Very poor PQ on NPS channels 5731-5738

Don't waste your $9.00. I compared their PQ on 5731-5738 compared to spot beams of SF from 110 and the national feed from Atlanta on 110, and the NPS signals on 119 transponder 15 really suck. I suppose that they are better than nothing, but I suspect that since they are a C-Band provider, they are getting the analog feeds there and re-transmitting them on the Ku Band. Let's hope it is just temporary.

Last edited:
If they would allow the markets not served on Dish Network to receive the neighboring market(s) then that would solve the problem for distant networks.

Don't waste your $9.00. I compared their PQ on 5731-5738 compared to spot beams of SF from 110 and the national feed from Atlanta on 110, and the NPS signals on 119 transponder 15 really suck. I suupose that they are better than nothing, but I suspect that since they are a C-Band provider, they are getting the analog feeds there and re-transmitting them on the Ku Band. Let's hope it is just temporary.

This is really discouraging. I'm still trying to get these signals activated but if they look as bad as people say they do, I'll shut them off in 5 minutes. NPS must not know what they are doing when trying to uplink these for DBS customers.

Don't waste your $9.00. I compared their PQ on 5731-5738 compared to spot beams of SF from 110 and the national feed from Atlanta on 110, and the NPS signals on 119 transponder 15 really suck. I suupose that they are better than nothing, but I suspect that since they are a C-Band provider, they are getting the analog feeds there and re-transmitting them on the Ku Band. Let's hope it is just temporary.

Now how would a site that says it permanantly bans hackers allow someone to be able to compare all these signals without hacking :confused:

This is really discouraging. I'm still trying to get these signals activated but if they look as bad as people say they do, I'll shut them off in 5 minutes. NPS must not know what they are doing when trying to uplink these for DBS customers.

Read the C Band Forum. The stuff that NPS is uplinking for 4DTV customers leaves PQ to be desired.

Just read through this thread and only saw a few fleeting references to HD DNS. Is NPS even offering that? Or is all this "do I qualify?" hoop-jumping only going to get you, in the best possible scenario, SD networks from Atlanta and SF? What if Dish offers LiL SD in your market but not HD and you can't get it OTA? Can you qualify for HD DNS from NPS?

I have called many many times and never got the male voice only the female VRU.

After reading your post I tried several times - I also now never get a male voice. There were a couple of early posts I believe that said they also encountered the two voices. Don't know what happened. Also, when I put in my American Express it kept asking for a card number, changing to Visa allowed it to go thru.

Looks like while my serivce address was originally in a white area, Dish started offering LiL from a nearby market since I set up the address. I'm guessing that's why I'm inelgible to get anything from NPS.

Has anybody tried "moving" again since 12/1 to get service from NPS.

Radioscott have you responded to the email they should have sent you asking for your smart card numbers? If you applied online you should have been sent that email. You should respond what have you got to lose.

I was confirmed by email on Dec 2 and still haven't got my channels. I emailed NPS and they sent me their FAQS, not a reply. I emailed again and will try to call again ((i called on 12/3 and was confirmed there as well, but did not talk to a live person) How frustrating.

Hey...
So after reading through several threads on this, it appears that in order to be qualified by NPS you must be an active Dish Network customer and have your phone number in their database already. So even though they NPS is supposedly operating completely separate from Dish, you can't just take an old unactivated E* receiver and sign up.... you need to be an current customer. Is that correct?
Thanks,
Derek

I applied for the NPS net feeds on the internet. Answered their questions and received all network feeds 20 hours later.
With two #311's have feeds and 44 hour guide for the new channels.
With a #625 receiver, received all feeds at the same time as the #311's but instead of a 9 day guide with the #625 on the new NPS feeds, I have a 2 hour advance from current time only. Did a couple of reboots on the #625 hoping for a guide update but no go. Perhaps an overnight load will put the guide correct on the #625.

The feeds from Atlanta and San Francisco are not direct feeds from the stations but appear to be off-air pickups with multi path reception.

If NPS or All American Direct (whatever) hope to acquire and hold new customers in potentially very large numbers, they need to fiber optic the pick ups.

Come on NPS the big bucks are there, lets improve the signal quality. :up

Hey...
So after reading through several threads on this, it appears that in order to be qualified by NPS you must be an active Dish Network customer and have your phone number in their database already. So even though they NPS is supposedly operating completely separate from Dish, you can't just take an old unactivated E* receiver and sign up.... you need to be an current customer. Is that correct?

Well just an update, I finally called NPS and told them that I used to be a Dish customer and still had the dish and receiver with the newer yellow card. They asked for my phone number but of course it wasn't in their database. The lady then told me that I'd first have to call Dish and sign up again before they could offer me service. I told her the hardware is good, and that if I wanted I could call and sign up for SkyAngel and not have Dish first. I don't think she was familiar with that as she again just said I needed to be E* customer first. The whole NPS/Dish Network operating independent of each other doesn't seem to be happening.

I applied for the NPS net feeds on the internet. Answered their questions and received all network feeds 20 hours later.
With two #311's have feeds and 44 hour guide for the new channels.
With a #625 receiver, received all feeds at the same time as the #311's but instead of a 9 day guide with the #625 on the new NPS feeds, I have a 2 hour advance from current time only. Did a couple of reboots on the #625 hoping for a guide update but no go. Perhaps an overnight load will put the guide correct on the #625.

The feeds from Atlanta and San Francisco are not direct feeds from the stations but appear to be off-air pickups with multi path reception.

If NPS or All American Direct (whatever) hope to acquire and hold new customers in potentially very large numbers, they need to fiber optic the pick ups.

Come on NPS the big bucks are there, lets improve the signal quality. :up

The overnight load corrected the guide issue with the #625 receiver. It now has 9 days guide for the new channels. :up

Well just an update, I finally called NPS and told them that I used to be a Dish customer and still had the dish and receiver with the newer yellow card. They asked for my phone number but of course it wasn't in their database. The lady then told me that I'd first have to call Dish and sign up again before they could offer me service. I told her the hardware is good, and that if I wanted I could call and sign up for SkyAngel and not have Dish first. I don't think she was familiar with that as she again just said I needed to be E* customer first. The whole NPS/Dish Network operating independent of each other doesn't seem to be happening.

That doesn't pass the smell test! Must be a E* customer before All America Direct/NPS will allow you to get DNS from them. Well I imagine if you don't have E* equipment that All American Direct would be glad to install it for you and sign you up for E* programming as it has been posted that they are a E* retailer. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)