How to get recordings from 622.....laptop?

avocadofarmer

Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
Hi....newbie here........

I am trying to find a way to get recordings (mainly audio) from the 622 DVR onto my laptop or Ipod.....Ive done searches, but there were no mentions of a laptop.

I spoke with the lovely dish gal.....it sounds like there is definetly a way, they just dont want to let us know about it....she suggested that I check out the forums.....so here I am.

Im not trying to break any laws, all I want to do is put a little imus in the morning on my ipod for the commute.......

Thanks!

PMs are cool too.......

You will need a rip software to rip mp3's from audio media, atach rca audio or dobly fiber to your laptop wich ever it will take and then you do the transfer by playing the recorded event onto your laptop. As to legality of it, thats still to some degrea a grey area and you should talk with the dish legal department as to wether or not the mono/cd quality material is protected and contact sirius to find out the same status of what it broadcasts, my guess would be that no you cant legaly do it if its anything on cd channels and on sirius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)