How to get the networks from Mexico?

nelsob13

Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
Hi, I recently signed up with Dish Network down here in Mexico City. I have two dishes, and I am getting the 110 and the 118 satellite signals. I am originally from Wisconsin and I'd love to get the local network stations, but I don't think that's possible. Any Wisconsin market would do. If anyone can help with this, let me know.

Is there a Wisconsin market I can pickup with another dish?

What markets can I get in Mexico? Someone told me SanFran, NY and Atlanta, because they are not spotbeam signals, is that true?

The EKB shows that the 129 is broadcasting the networks from the Wausau, WI market, should I be able to get that if I had another dish?

Will the new echostar satellite change any of this once it is running?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Wisconsin is Spotbeam - you can't get it where you are. LA and NY are national.

You might be able to get texas if the beam stretches south enough, but i doubt it.

Sorry, I need to correct that I'm getting the 110 and the 119 on my two dishes, and under the listing on EKB, it shows Atlanta, and San Francisco without having a spot beam transmission. These stations are listed under "Network TV Feeds". Does that mean I should be able to get that signal in Mexico if I'm picking up the other stations from that satellite? If Wisconsin is only spot beam I still want to get network TV from somewhere, so would that work?

Thanks, I just saw your answer, do you know if that is a legacy satellite that might be dropping out? Thanks.

Mexico city? Hope the federales dont come get you.. what you are doing is illegal.. why dont you get sky or something like that? Hope the "RAT" team doesnt find you.

HOWEVER i "heard" it works in mexico city very well .

Just the anles are WAY different.

When I was renting in Mexico-- many many many of the condos had Star Choice which carried both East Coast and West Coast US network feeds.
Can't remember which cities but wasn't Wisc.
And all the major US channels and Canadian.
Was pretty obvious they were in use and no federals knocking on the doors. That was Puerto Vallarta.

The Atlanta and SF national feeds are an option if you can qualify thru All American Direct to get them. Doubt they can "legally" sanction a mexican address, but an RV waiver might be useful with paperless billing or a "helpful" US friend

I have heard that many of the markets that are currently CONUS on 129 and 61 may be switched to spotbeams in the near future- so you might want to be careful about switching to various ones.

The simple answer is this (for SD)
Providence

110/119
NYC
Chicago
Denver
Atlanta/S.F. via NPS ONLY!

129/148
Anything that is listed on the EKB

Hi, I recently signed up with Dish Network down here in Mexico City. I have two dishes, and I am getting the 110 and the 118 satellite signals. I am originally from Wisconsin and I'd love to get the local network stations, but I don't think that's possible. Any Wisconsin market would do. If anyone can help with this, let me know.

Is there a Wisconsin market I can pickup with another dish?

What markets can I get in Mexico? Someone told me SanFran, NY and Atlanta, because they are not spotbeam signals, is that true?

The EKB shows that the 129 is broadcasting the networks from the Wausau, WI market, should I be able to get that if I had another dish?

Will the new echostar satellite change any of this once it is running?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Forget 129 for now unless you want to pop for a 3-4 meter dish (big bucks) . It has a wobble and you will loose signal every 20 minutes or so in your location. That problem may go away when they put up a new satellite around the first of the year. I think you might like Chicago. They cover the Wisconsin weather!!

if you have a friend back home with high speed internet, and you have it in mexico you could slingbox it......

not perfect quality but better than not having it at all

Just curious, can I just give them any residential address in NY? I have paperless billing, but if I just give a NY address is there something "bad" that could happen? Thanks for all the help

When I was renting in Mexico-- many many many of the condos had Star Choice which carried both East Coast and West Coast US network feeds.
Can't remember which cities but wasn't Wisc.

Buffalo, Detroit, Spokane & Seattle are the 4 cities that you can get through StarChoice. You get one east and one west...unless you have HD then get Buffalo & Spokane in SD and Detroit/Seattle are in HD

Just curious, can I just give them any residential address in NY? I have paperless billing, but if I just give a NY address is there something "bad" that could happen? Thanks for all the help

When you call, tell them you want to change your "service address". Tell them to keep the old "billing address" and "paperless billing". Takes about 2 minutes to do it all and changes are seen quickly. Say nothing else.

Locals

Hi. You have two choices, one you can get the NYC locals from satellite 119. If you are intrested in the HD locals from the same city you'd have to install a third dish to get them off satellite 61.5

Satellite 129 won't work the signal comes and goes in cycles every 20 minutes or so.

Good luck!

If you have friend who lives in the area you want and you can use their address with an apartment number added on-- that works great-- just in case they mail something to your service address instead of billing address as requested.

I had that happen but fortunately had use a friends address with Apt A onto it. So they were able to intercept the package. As long as you don't have anything mailed to you like a receiver shouldn't be a problem. I had told them to mail to my billing address but they slipped up.

Forget 129 for now unless you want to pop for a 3-4 meter dish (big bucks) . It has a wobble and you will loose signal every 20 minutes or so in your location. That problem may go away when they put up a new satellite around the first of the year. I think you might like Chicago. They cover the Wisconsin weather!!

I second this, 129 is unwatchable on a 1.8m from the Merida, Yuc area. The signal drifts in and out. 61.5, 119, 110 are all fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts