How to get the receiver models I want

jimgoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 29, 2008
Ocoee Florida
I am about ready to return to Dish Network after 5 and a half years of Brighthouse Networks. Once I see a little more about how the 722k works in the field it will be time.

What is the best way to order a system and receive the specific receivers I want? This move makes sense for us if we can record 4 programs at once so the 722k is a requirement. We will need a 722k and either 2 211k's or a 211k and a 222k. I live in the Orlando, FL area and haven't seen anything of local Dish retailers. Unless I find someone local soon, I'll likely order from DishStore.

From what I have seen in other posts it appears that I could refuse the install if the equipment on the truck is not right but I'd sure rather not fight that battle!

Other than the ability to turn the 211k into a dvr and the 2 tv capability of the 222k, are there any other reasons to go with one over the other? I don't really need the dvr on a 211k right now and don't immediately need the 2nd tv connection for the 222k.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, I really appreciate it.

The 211k is like a small, black version of the 211 with built-in OTA tuner. The 222k has the new 2-tuner OTA module. So... Assuming you want the OTA tuners, make sure you get the module for both the 722k and 222k.

I have been wondering the same thing. I called Dish a couple weeks ago and explained my situation. I wanted a 722 and a 612. They said that I could have a 622 instead of a 612. I told them I did not want that model because I did not want to have a phone line charge. They said that was all they had. So I hung up and will try again.
I talked to an installer today and he said he is installing 612's. So I do not know I guess it is just the luck of the draw when you call.
Also I want to get hooked up before summer because the installer will need to get up in the attic. After April it gets pretty hot here in AZ.

Jimgoe, I'd recommend you consider getting two ViP722k units. That way, you can get external hard drive support (for one fee not two) and these EHDs will be swappable between your receivers. You can get EHD support for the ViP211, but it won't be interchangeable with the ViP722k. Do it right the first time.

You have a right to insist on what you want,tell them in no uncertain terms what you want,if you can do it by chat and get a transcript of you conversation,it will be helpful.Tell Dish if they show up with different receivers than what I ordered You will refuse install.Thats what I do when ever I have an install.I tell installer as soon as he/She comes to door that I need to check what receivers you are providing me and if they are different I show them Transcript (give them a copy if they want)and refuse install unless receivers are of Higher quality(I usually order the most up to date Receiver anyway so most likely if they bring something else its not suitable).
Now please realize that it is not usually the installers fault and depending on how the react to you If they are nice and understanding and willing to fix issue I usually will tip(last time this happenned I gave installer 30 cash because he went out of way and got what I ordered and back to me same day.But if they are rude I will tell them I am refusing Install because you arenot providing me with what I ordered.And if they still are Rude I tell them not to come back,send different installer.
Hey I may sound like a jerk when it comes to service,but afterall if your paying for something you have a right to be satisfied.Today you have to stand up for yourself otherwise you will find yourself being stepped on all the time.

Jimgoe, I'd recommend you consider getting two ViP722k units. That way, you can get external hard drive support (for one fee not two) and these EHDs will be swappable between your receivers. You can get EHD support for the ViP211, but it won't be interchangeable with the ViP722k. Do it right the first time.

Thanks for the feedback. I considered going the two 722k route until I saw that the 722k does not have a S-Video output. I will be using one receiver to feed recordings in Windows Media Center and would like to use S-Video for the highest quality input signal.

I have been trying for weeks to Dish Up two VIP612 receivers, with no luck whatsoever. Two 622 receivers arrived by mistake, but after sending them back, nothing. My contact in executive resolutions has been awol for nearly 2 weeks now. He never answers his phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)