How to go from an existing customer to a new customer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joewee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
I am an existing customer and did not do the HD Standalone
package because I couldn't get my RSN's with the HD Standalone.
Now that the turbo HD has RSN's I want to become a new
customer so I can do this and save some money. How can I become
a new customer again and how big of a hassle is it..?

i called in w/ my wife's name, but more importantly it has to be a different phone number and a different address. i used her cell # and added 2 to the last digit of our street address... so it was 11838 instead of 11836 (next closest neighbor was 11842). then day of install put a paper sign up on mailbox with 11838 in bold.

then login to site after install and change billing address to correct 11836 street address - or wait a few days and "move" to correct street address

main thing is it has to be a diff phone number and probably should be a diff address

Maybe I could use my address and add
Suite 1 or #1 after it to make is sound
like an apt or something. Do you think this
would work? Then it won't confuse the mail
man etc...

You don't need to change your address...just needs to be a different phone number and a different person on the account. Just wait a day between canceling and signing up.

Another option is to quit Dish for 6 months and get the same deal for what they call a "previous customer promotion". That promotion is exactly the same as the "new customer promotions" according to the executive offices of customer service at Dish Network (kind of a funny story...they straight-out told me to quit for 6 months and come back to get the best promotional deal...no wonder they lost 25,000 customers last quarter!) This would allow you to have the HD-only TurboHD packages available as well...although 6 months from now, you'd be in February anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)