How to have Joey remote learn odd IR code?

TroyO

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Denver, CO
I know about the programming via the Joey and looking up codes, but what about codes that aren't in there?

I specifically am looking to add the ON/OFF and Preset light level codes from a Lutron IR dimmer switch.

Is there a "Set this mode and point the old remote here" way to read in codes?

Ahhhhaaa! Thanks Nismoman with your help I found it.... here's a link for anyone ending up here after a search.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/158496-dish-network-21-0-learning-remote.html

That's how to program the "21" remote but the proceedure is identical for the "40" remote that comes with the Hopper (As of 3/19/2012 anyway.)

It is hard to "catch" the codes sometimes. I want to get On, Off and Preset and so far have only caught 2/3 so far (Not always the same 2)
By that I mean one try where it gives a single blink on all 3 buttons when I actually go to test it only 1 or 2 actually work. I know it's possible I just think I need to get a lucky try at it.

Actually it's much easier than that. Just use Remote Manager, pick a device then pick Learn and follow the on-screen directions (thanks Benyth).

Generally, when learning, shorter presses work best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)