Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
On Today's Retailer Chat Leslie showed retailers how to properly hold the new Dish Plus LNB's

With this document you too can properly hold a Dish Plus LNB. :D

Enjoy!

Attachments

• howtohold.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 1,620
Scott Greczkowski said:
On Today's Retailer Chat Leslie showed retailers how to properly hold the new Dish Plus LNB's

With this document you too can properly hold a Dish Plus LNB. :D

Enjoy!

Woah!

What I am curious about is how well it's going to hold up to cold weather? It seems to me once the bracket gets nice and cold it wont take nothing more then a snow flake to break it. :eek:

Me and some other techs were a little amazed at how flimsy the bracket seemed.

I still have not had to install a 500+ or 1000+ yet, but then again we really don't expect that many in this area.

I am waiting to install mine until after out-of-state company leaves. Scott, I will try real hard not to break the new toy! But maybe you should have Claude order a bunch of the new brackets--just in case. Cheers, Bob

Pinchpenny Charlie should have sprung a few extra pennies on getting thicker plastic in those arms.

His engineers or manufacturing staff have been letting him down of late. Sometimes even if the heat is on to cut pennies out of manufacturing cost, you've got to hold the line somewhere and tell people that you can't cut it down anymore.

And Dish installers now need torque wrenches? To keep from stripping the cheap plastic threads?

So you mean to tell me that not only has Dish gotten so cheap on making lnbf's that they are overheating, and now they are so flimsy that we have to properly hold them? So now we are going to have problems with them breaking too?

:) i would pay for a all aluminum bracket! sounds like this is the delay in shipping. they are already fixing a new dish before it gets out. so sad! i plan on getting extras. and when moving the dish, completely remove the lbn and box it back up. it makes the dish500 lbn screw problem sound grate compared to braking the hole dam bracket off. by the way i kind of fixed mine by poring super glue into the holes let it set almost all the way then screw them in. never heard of any fixes? i hope this cost them twice as much as it would have been to design them properly.:mad:may be i should see about forging a aluminum bracket and selling them? how much would you pay? $10-20? just a guess i haven't the clue how much they would cost????:confused:

Last edited:
Well, I bought and installed my 1000+ from Dishstore. I can tell you, one would have to be stupid to grab the assembly by the 110 or 129 lnb, that should be obvious.

The bracket that holds the extra LNBs on is metal, and screws into metal. I'm not sure what kind, but it felt stable to me when I assembled mine.

Extra reinforcement is never a bad thing, but the real problem here may be stupidity.

Not sure how many of you have engineering degrees, but considering the minimal weight of a DP Dual LNB, I think that memo is more a precaution than a notice of manufacturing flaw. For instance, if the side brackets didn't have those little braces inside, I'd be nervous. Looking at it, though, I honestlly can't see how that bracket is built in a way that would make it vulnerable to wear and tear. Tip: Animals, Children, etc. are probably not appropriate to hang from the dish as a testing method; however, LNB's probably are, given that it's designed for that. The memo is probably more in regards to Dish Network realizing that the technicians tend more toward carelessness with delicate equipment. Then again, I haven't worked with a 500+/1000+ yet so I can't say for certain.

As for the LNB's overheating, you may have noticed a nationwide heat wave this year with even Chicago getting into the 100s. Considering people in Arizona have subscribed and continue to subscribe to Dish's service for years, I would doubt that the heat-sensitivity you're referring to is as widespread as you're making it sound.

I thought the memo came after a rash of broken LNB brackets occured.

I remember reading reports from installers on this board about how easy it was to break them, and that they had broken some.

Tom Bombadil said:
I thought the memo came after a rash of broken LNB brackets occured.

I remember reading reports from installers on this board about how easy it was to break them, and that they had broken some.

I know what you mean, but like I said, I'd be more inclined to think that the breakage was from mishandling on the installers' part rather than their ability to support an LNB. It would seem awfully silly to me to create an LNB bracket that wouldn't be able to support an LNB--that's rarely going to save Dish money considering the cost of replacing any/all of those parts.

Just how is Dish having manufacture these dishes and lnbf's anyways? Seems like so many dang issues. They got TOO cheap!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)