**How to hook up a 2nd HDTV to a ViP 722??**

AngryStamen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
So, i just picked up a 19" HDTV to replace the old tube tv in the kitchen. I have it hooked up with the same coax for now (plan on running a split out HDMI cable later), and the aspect ratio now looks correct when I am in single mode and watching on TV 1 and TV2 (although TV 2 is SD, but that's fine for now). Problem is, when i switch to dual mode, i can't seem to get the correct aspect ratio to show on TV2. It seems to expect an old 4x3 TV in the TV2 spot, but now I have a 16x9 TV in the TV2 spot. Any way to tell the ViP 722 that TV2 is 16x9, not 4x3?

Thanks!

I have TV2 connected to a 17" Sony HD monitor. Although the picture isn't HD, by setting the TV/monitor (not the 622) to "full" I get the whole, widescreen pictures. Not bad for the little TV next to my sewing machine.

not that I'm aware of. The TV2 is SD only :(

(This is why I have 3 622's, one for each HDTV).

Wow! 3 622's?!? I didn't think you were allowed to have that many...I guess you own (instead of lease) at least one of those?

I have TV2 connected to a 17" Sony HD monitor. Although the picture isn't HD, by setting the TV/monitor (not the 622) to "full" I get the whole, widescreen pictures. Not bad for the little TV next to my sewing machine.

Yes, I can also set my new HDTV to "wide" and the picture looks fine in SINGLE mode. My problem occurs when I switch to DUAL mode. Then, the picture looks stretched out too wide, as if the 722 is expecting a tv with only a 4x3 aspect ratio, not a 16x9 aspect ratio. Any way to set the DISH box to recognize TV2 as a wide screen display?

Wow! 3 622's?!? I didn't think you were allowed to have that many...I guess you own (instead of lease) at least one of those?

yes you can have 3 leased 622/722 on an account. Day of install pay the upgrade fee for the second model and then six months later dish it up for one more ..that is the max on an account for the leased recevers 6 tuners max..

612 are considerd single tuner recevers but wuld take some time to get 6 of them (18months 2 on install day with the extra upgrade fee 3 six months later dish it up and one more 6 months after that..) Plus the CSR will give you sh*t about it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)