How to identify a leased box vs owned box?

lionsrule

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
Hey all..........

I have two different 622's.

I'm leasing one and I bought one.

I honestly can't remember which is which.

I do KNOW that the OWNED one is the older box.

I would like to know which is which (without calling or contacting dish).

I am considering ending my 10 years with dish. Of course, I need to ship them their leased box, but I will sell the one I own......

HELP!

Hey all..........

I have two different 622's.

I'm leasing one and I bought one.

I honestly can't remember which is which.

I do KNOW that the OWNED one is the older box.

I would like to know which is which (without calling or contacting dish).

I am considering ending my 10 years with dish. Of course, I need to ship them their leased box, but I will sell the one I own......

HELP!

I would think the older box would have a lower serial number, the R number. Probably just call E*. They should know for sure.

Just call up dish and see if they know. I say this because they had it in their system that THEY owned both of my 622 when in reality only one of them was leased.

You can also logon to the self-service portion of the dishnetowrk web site and look under the hardware section. IF they know which one is your it will say so there.

what's the advantage to owning vs leasing? I just bought a 411 to replace one of my 211 i had on my account. according to Dish, I still have to pay the $7 receiver fee.

what's the advantage to owning vs leasing? I just bought a 411 to replace one of my 211 i had on my account. according to Dish, I still have to pay the $7 receiver fee.

There is one minor advantage to owning. That is not incurring a subscription obligation when upgrading. Used receivers sell pretty fast on eBay and the price break between buying a box on eBay and paying the fee to upgrade a leased receiver is minimal to me.

whichever one is older would probably be the "primary" one on your account, i.e. the "first" one, also perhaps you remember which TV you added a recever to most recently?