How to install 301 receiver to work with 622

smartiems

Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
currently I have 2 622 Receivers supporting 2HD and 2SD Tvs in the house. The configuration I have is as follows:

Dish 1K.2 with DPP triple LNB and a Dish 500 with DP single LNB.
3 Coax come from the roof to the junction box where I have all TV connections to the house. The signals are distributed via 2 STVC (Red) diplexers, one inside the junction box and one near the receiver plus a Separator (123254) connected to each of the receivers.

If I want to add a 311 receiver for the 5th TV how should I go about doing it? Why does the 3rd coax coming roof doesn't have sat signal?

what makes you think the 3rd coax doesn't have signal? There are three outputs on the LNBF cluster, if connected to those three cables then they all should have signal.

I swapped one of the cables currently connected to the STVC diplexer inside the junction box with the third coax just to see if the third (unused) coax has any signal and the 622 receiver stopped working. This made me ask the question 'Why the 3rd coax doesn't have signal'. I shall check again.

Also does it mean that each coax coming from the sat is carrying signals both dishes covering 4 sats (110,119,129 and 61.5)?

you would have to trace where that 3rd coax goes. I was taking your word that it goes to the 3rd output of the LNBF cluster, but it could be going somewhere else.

yes, each coax connected to one of the LNBF cluster outputs gets all the sats.

Thanks for your quick reply. I will follow your advice of tracing the 3rd coax where it is connected in the LNBF and post my findings.
Thanks again for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)