Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Scott, is there a Cydia app that allows the iPad to see Flash content once it is JB?

If so, it may sequester some of those who feel life without Flash is unbearable.

I haven't read too in-depth, but it appears that this eliminates the need for tethered jailbreaks on newer devices, yes ?

Spirit also works on Iiphones and Ipod touches that have been upgraded to 3.1.3.

A word of caution though if the device was previosuly jailbroken with another piece of s/w the downloaded jailbroken apps from before the upgrade will no longer be available. they will have to be reinstalled.

A word of caution though if the device was previosuly jailbroken with another piece of s/w...
The instructions at gizmodo mention that the device can't currently be jail-broken, so you have to restore it to factory before using Spirit on it ?

Maybe I read too fast, but I don't see what you're referring to. The 2nd link says
What you need: An iPod, iPhone or iPod Touch that a.) Isn't currently jailbroken (obvious, but just in case)

I think we are miscommunicating. If your device is already jailbroken why would you want to jailbreak it again?

My original comment was that if you inadvertently upgraded a jailbroken iphone to 3.1.3 (and therefore nullified the jailbreak) that this will rejailbreak it but your old cydia/rock/icy downloaded apps will be missing.

I think we are miscommunicating. If your device is already jailbroken why would you want to jailbreak it again?
Our (2) Ipod touch devices have the latest boot-code and require to be tethered when booted. It's a pain in the ass... If my wife or son accidentally shut them off away from home or when I'm not around, they've temporarily "bricked" their Ipods. So far, I've seen NO mention of tethered boots being required with Spirit.

Our (2) Ipod touch devices have the latest boot-code and require to be tethered when booted. It's a pain in the ass... If my wife or son accidentally shut them off away from home or when I'm not around, they've temporarily "bricked" their Ipods. So far, I've seen NO mention of tethered boots being required with Spirit.

I am not saying that they need to be tethered either. All I did was mention that anyone who had previosuly used another jailbreak but had inadvertently (or was forced to) upgrade to 3.1.3 could use this jailbreak but would have to reinstall the apps previously downloaded through Cydia, Rock etc.

In fact it is my understanding that if use this method or the new pwnage method of creating an altered 3.1.3 the tethering will not be required. In fact that is what the spirit instructions say. But again you may have to reinstall old apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)