HOW TO MIRROR REMOTE TV

SURFERMAC

Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
BLOOMINGTON
I have a ViP722, and have an HD tv hooked up using HDMI. I have a second TV that is too far away for the UHF remote to work with the antenna on the 722. So, I want to move the UHF antenna from the 722 to be closer to the tv. I've seen what my neighbor calls Mirroring where it appears that on the 722, coax is used to connect the UHF antenna and the COAX together on a splitter, the coax is run to the TV, and then a splitter is used to connect the UHF antenna and coax to the TV. My question is, what splitters can I use ? I'm guessing it needs to be a power pass thru but not sure. Can anyone tell me what "splitters" I need ? Thanks

I have a ViP722, and have an HD tv hooked up using HDMI. I have a second TV that is too far away for the UHF remote to work with the antenna on the 722. So, I want to move the UHF antenna from the 722 to be closer to the tv. I've seen what my neighbor calls Mirroring where it appears that on the 722, coax is used to connect the UHF antenna and the COAX together on a splitter, the coax is run to the TV, and then a splitter is used to connect the UHF antenna and coax to the TV. My question is, what splitters can I use ? I'm guessing it needs to be a power pass thru but not sure. Can anyone tell me what "splitters" I need ? Thanks
regular 1ghz spiltters.
do you know how to "move" the antenna? If not, post back for procedure.

I'd like to see the procedure...I'm thinking that I may need to do this.

Thanks!
you'll need two , 2 way splitters and three short cable jumpers.
on the back of your dual tuner receiver. You'll take off the RF antenna.
Take two of the short jumpers and connect one to the port where the antenna belomgs. The other to the ch 21-69 connection. That one has the yellow insert. Connect those two cables to the "out" ports of the splitter, Connect the cable that comes from the diplexer to the "in" port of the splitter.
Grab the antenna, the other splitter and the third short cable and let's go to the room with tv#2.
Now, get behind that tv and disconnect the cable that is connected to the tv. Connect that cable ( the one from the wall/floor) to the "in " port of the two way splitter. Next take the short cable and connect that to one of the "out" ports of the splitter. Connect that short cable to the tv. Take the antenna and connect it to the other "out" port of the splitter. Stand the antenna up as vertical as possible. Yer all set. Fire up the tv and see the TV 2 remote work like a charm.
Let me know...

Good replys from all who answered. Just some info from my experiences. Most 2 way spliters are power pass in that all inputs are electrically connected for DC voltage pass. However, there are a few brands and models in which the ground side and the center conductor input are also electrically connected, ie direct short for DC voltage. I have found that these don't seem to worl as well for extending the UHF remote antenna. These are easy to check: a continity test will show a short from ground to center conductor on all ports. ajg1950

Got Mirror to work, for 2 tvs

I went to Lowes and picked up the 1ghz splitters and got the Mirror to work. And I went a step further and split the Coax again and hooked up a second tv. So now on the 722 coax output I have two tv's, each with their own UHF antenna and each with their own UHF Pro remote. It all works great.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts