How to pick address for 'Move'

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
How do you pick a good address for moving? Reading another post has made me greedy and now I want to 'move' to Baton Rouge for more HD locals.

That damn greed :)

So, how do I pick a good addy? Can I move via online chat?

Google maps. Or lookup any fast food resturant except sports food bars. Hardees would be good, ever see a tv in Hardees. Whataburger does have tvs.

Or keep your real address so that Dish can see that they have customers in your area and will add the channels more quickly.

I used one of those self serve cars washes. You know the ones with the stalls and coin operated spray brushes. Place did not even have an office, or a mail drop for that matter.

Hoping that you checked the signal strength on the transponder on the satellite for BR locals. I didnt do a great job of that when I 'moved' from Austin to Houston, and I turned out to be on the fringe with a minimal signal. Four days latter I 'moved' to Dallas which had great signal for me. (I wouldnt go only by THE LIST spotbeam maps, because for me, I was in the Houston spotbeam, so I'd def check the transponder, too).

I would love to move to NYC. I am in Boston.

NYC has a ton of locals.

Does anyone know or can confirm that NYC locals are available in Boston?
It is only 210 miles point to point.

Thanks

Hoping that you checked the signal strength on the transponder on the satellite for BR locals. I didnt do a great job of that when I 'moved' from Austin to Houston, and I turned out to be on the fringe with a minimal signal. Four days latter I 'moved' to Dallas which had great signal for me. (I wouldnt go only by THE LIST spotbeam maps, because for me, I was in the Houston spotbeam, so I'd def check the transponder, too).

I checked it... It is decent (30). I have my local OTA as well, so I won't cry if I lose them in the rain. This will just let me be able to record 4 Networks during the fall (2 OTA/2 Sat).

I watch alot of TV in the fall and the way they overlap stuff to make it non-dvr friendly won't matter to me now, unless it rains real hard :)

Are sports/games blacked out ??

When you pick a different address than your current residential address, would you be able to watch any games or are they blacked out ??

For example, during NFL time are those games blacked out on dish local channels ??

I believe the NFL only black out local TV when there is not a sellout within 48 hrs of the game.

I've never seen a blackout, of course I'm in the Cowboys area.

sellout within 72 hours (before extensions)

if the market you are "in" is within 75 miles of the home teams stadium, you could be blacked out. If you pick BR, then yes you could have blackouts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts