How to point a winegard Ds-2076

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eddiefox

Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Phoenix,AZ
Hello im a directv dish network tech I was asked to install a winegard Ds-2076
As a side job but I have never even seen one before yet alone point and install one I know ill be ok installing it but pointing it is my problem this dish comes with a motor so I was thinking it might point its self but not sure,what satellite am I pointing it to and what should my settings be if I live in phoenix,AZ I also have the birdog usb plus meter,like I said before I have never installd one and dont know what my elevation or you should be can some one pleas pleas give me a step by step or point me in the right direction I am so lost and cant find any thing online regarding this I will give 50$ to who ever gives me a step by step and gets me signal

What are we installing it for?

Free to air?
Glorystar (the religious channels on 97W)?
Something else?

Ch-ching!
I suppose for a tech who installs fixed-dishes, doing motorized will be an educational experience.

Eddiefox,

There are two things that your customer may be referring to by IPTV. One is Internet Protocal TV and one is Iowa Public TV (Des Moines Iowa PBS call sign KDIN). Iowa Public TV may be available on several Ku band satellites but I think they are all encrypted. There are a good number of other FTA PBS stations on 125 W AMC 21. The Internet Protocol TV would require a subscription, I believe and I would think that they would have to access that through a DSL network and not via satellite.

RADAR

I'm trying to install a Winegard 2076 with a p-p motor, the upper LNB support arm bolt origionally hit the motor shaft, preventing the dish angle from being properly set. I ground the bolt threads a tad, and can get the required 33.5 degree angle on the dish. Looks like this dish was intended for fixed, pole from bottom, mounting only? I have always liked Winegard, but I can't say I care for this dish at all, can't pick up anything with a new Invacom QPH-031. I've seen a few pics of other 2076 installs, mine looks a bit different, my LNB sits lower relative to the reflector, and the mounting hardware is different. Design change?

Winegard pretty much makes the perfect design right away, and keeps it forever. Where did you buy that dish? Was it brand new, and YOU assembled it the first time? Maybe it's been pieced together from other dishes, or something like that?

Doubt that the dish elevation should be set at 33.5 degrees. What motor is the dish being mounted on?

Photos?

Mounted many DS-2076 dishes on motors over the years. If you want to see photos of a DS-2076 on a HH motor, check out our post in the FAQ on motor installs.

There you go, certain motor manuals says to subtract declination from 40 degrees, when it's a misprint, and should be 30 degrees!

Most of Michigan, declination is around 6.5 to 6.6 degrees. So, 30 - 6.5 = 23.5 degrees, NOT 33.5....

Nairb101, reset your dish elevation to 23.5 degrees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

multi lnb homemade bracket

Newsfeeds on the 1.2m. Not what they used to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts