How to put phone number on permanent ignore in Android?

Sometimes when I get a call from a telemarketing company, I will mess with them. They will try to sell me something, I will pretend to be interested in what they are selling then I will start to ask questions that have nothing to do with what they are selling. Other times I will put them on hold while I "get my card". I will leave them on hold for 5+ minutes then come back and start talking in espanol.

During one call, the telemarketer was trying to sell me a extended car repair warranty. I let him give the sales pitch. During his sales pitch, my dog started barking. I told him "I think someone is in the house." The telemarketer said "call the police." I told him in a quiet voice "this is Texas, I'll handle this the Texas way." I yelled, "You broke into the wrong house!" I had a few inflated party balloons. I put the phone close to the balloons and popped them. I yelled "I shot him, I shot him......oh s***, I shot him in the head, I think he is dead! What do I do?" The telemarketer stayed quiet for a few seconds then Hung up. I never got a call back from that telemarketing company again.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Nice idea.... I know you can have multiple phone numbers linked to one account, but is there a limit ? Then again, we'd just end up with "Ignore This Idiot # 1", "Ignore This Idiot # 2", "Ignore This Idiot # 3", and on and on. :D

There are quite a few phone numbers you can add to one contact. I keep adding
them here where the ring is ignore. It's been working so far. My nuisance call volume is way down since I started this thread. :) Very few "private or Restricted" but I'm not going to pay the verizon fee to activate that. I also love coded rings for calls from people I want to prioritize.

cave1376- I do that here too, ie waste telemarketer's time. When telemarketers call retired people, we need to have some entertainment. Haven't done the fake burglary as I take that sort of thing serious. Have real guns loaded with real bullets here and any bang bang bang is going to mean I have a blood mess to clean up. But, my favorite routine is to interrogate the caller, always answering his question with question for him. Last one I did I sent him on an assignment to do some research on a question he didn't know the answer and told him he needs to report his findings to his supervisor because the contact he reached is an internal performance evaluation procedure on telemarketing efficiency. But that's with guys, with girls, I just have a long friendly chat, not flirtatious, just conversational.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)