How to read "The List"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robert_W

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
SE Iowa
The list seems to be great. I wonder if there will be information for newbies.

When I get into my menu, and pick a satellite, it ask me for:

Frequency, Which it ranges from 0-11500

Transponder: a range of those, and some is not in my recievers system.

To read the list for Galaxy 18 KU

SatelliteGuys.US - 123.0°W Galaxy 18 Ku

it has:
11720V What is this?
27692 What is this?

What will I be running my Frequency? Will it be 10750, or 11250, or what?

I hope there will be a easy lesson, in "THE LIST" maybe a link to: Explain 'what is what'.

Thanks Robert W

The list seems to be great. I wonder if there will be information for newbies.

When I get into my menu, and pick a satellite, it ask me for:

Frequency, Which it ranges from 0-11500

Transponder: a range of those, and some is not in my recievers system.

To read the list for Galaxy 18 KU

SatelliteGuys.US - 123.0°W Galaxy 18 Ku

it has:
11720V What is this?
27692 What is this?

What will I be running my Frequency? Will it be 10750, or 11250, or what?

I hope there will be a easy lesson, in "THE LIST" maybe a link to: Explain 'what is what'.

Thanks Robert W

Robert,

11720V is the transponder frequency you select on your receiver, it is 11.720 gHZ Vertically polarized, the second number is the Symbol Rate (SR) and is 27.692 MS/s which is also what inputs to your receiver. The Sonicview already lists this transponder if I recal correctly. Your LNB setting remains "Single, LO (local oscillator) frequency set for 10.750". This is the first transponder on 123W Galaxy 18, when you lock on the signal the ID banner should read "Site-1".

Check your receiver menue and see if this isn't already listed for you. Not all the transponders will be incorporated on the factory installed software level. But you can manually add any you choose to that are not listed. Using the Sonicview 360, there is another glitch here to doing the manual edit. And that is between each didgit you try to inter you have a 2 second time window betwen each digit, if you hesitate to long it times out and what you started to enter is what it takes. For example, lets say you needed to enter 11720, you got to 117 then paused 3 seconds, the receiver already timed out and takes your entry as 117.

You can also find this information at Lygnsat.com if you find the LIST confusing.

Walrus1957,,, You have been an inpiration for me to help in getting this system up!!! I sure thank you.
Yes I noticed that about the sonicview 360 Primier about adding transponders.
I also notice the satellite names has been changed too.

I tried to download factory firemare, but the zip file had no contents in it to download into the reciever. Good thing nothing got wiped out.
I hate to ask, but is there firmware that can be loaded (after market), with up-to-date satellites and additional transponders?

But I do love "THE LIST"! It is helpfull

Thank you very much Walrus 1957

I'm sure that there is, but I can't say what the upgrade levels have for sats and transponders.

I can do you one better. I can take my channel list and convert it to a sonicview 360 premier format. Then email it to you and you can down load to the receiver using a usb stick.

You would have to tell me what sats you want, C band, KU band (Circular/linear or both), feed transpodners and channels. You would have to also provide me your switch settings and location so I can add all of this so when you get the file all you do is load and play.

I will send you contact information in a PM if your interested. I have over 4,000 channels scanned and sure you do not want all of them.

SatBeams - Satellite Coverage Maps - Sat Footprints

This is kinda nice to know for us Neebies! I just wonder if this will be updated as more satellites go up, and the movements of others.

The sats are at the top of the page and incorporates the google map too.

It shades the footprints of Satellites, and give an idea of type of dish you might need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)