Motor system crashed need help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skewed

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
My system was working perfect but I hooked up another receiver tonight and tryed to move the sat with the new box and it did not work all that well. I got no signal on everything. I then decited to switch back over to the old box to repoint but now the dish wont move. its stuck. Do I have to get up on the roof and re point the dish at true south for it to "know" where it is now at? I have never tried to use a second box before and now I have no tv. Is there any way with a viewsat ultra that I realign it with the remote? Thanks in advance.

Viewsat's have "Go to Reference" in the USALS setup, that drive the Motor to Zero.

Re-connect the Viewsat, power up, then look at the Motor, you should see a Green light.

I have the green light but the motor wont budge, Its a real pian to get up on the roof and I think thre is button on the motor to go to reference but I am not sure I threw away the directions. Looking at it, it looks like it is stuck far west. For mt to get on the roof I need to back up the truck and put the ladder in the back bed, its just a little too short so I was hoping I could fix it by remote. But does this make sense that if one box moves it the other one wil not know where it is at?

I tryed that also I just got up on the roof and I have 2 buttons one will move the dish east entil it stops then move it west the other one does nothing, I am going back up on the roof to try to zero it back but what is funny is that the motor wont budge with the remote no matter what I do, If the rezero does not work Ill try a reset.
Lak7 I just wanted to say thank you you are the man. You have helped me so much I really appreciate it.

its a sg2100, I just got down from the roof, I used the manual drive button to get it back to the true south which is 91 for me and I zeroed it in with a meter I showed good quality but from there the VS will not move the dish. The only thing that I can think of is that both boxes were on when I was switching the cables from one bos ot the other. I hope this did not burn it but right now this is what it looks like. It was working fine before I hooked up the pansat and tryed to move it. I noticed when I hooked up the pansat it would not move the dish because I had no quality so I decided to hook back up the viewsat to postition the sat at where I wanted it and thats where the trouble started. I am thining the motor is burnt or something, I have tryed everything. unless someone knows of a way to reset it. again the motor will not budge with no command from the vs. I tryed them all.:eek:

Thanls gill, I will have to try it tomorrow as it is getting late. But you know what is funny? I switched the cable back to the pansat and I got amc4 perfect I was watching bio but when I switched it back to the view sat no quality. No keep in mind that the motor will not move with either of them right now. I just need to figure out if it is the motor or not I dont have much money and I surely dont have enough to trhow money at it to get it fixed, I just caint help but keep on thining that the vs has something to do with it. I hate that box.

It offical my motor is toast. What I was doing was setting up my 2300 in my be room and I started with amc4, from there I was going through the menu to move it to another target when I thnk I double pressed button on the remote and did not wait before I pressed other buttons. I feel like this got the motor confused and the 2300 remote is pretty cheezy, you have to hit a button severl times for it to do somethiing even with fresh batteries, the 2500 is the same way so it just ,ust be a pansat thing. But anyway I got back on the roof today and I could not fully deprss the button needed to reset the motor. The soft squicy plactic that covers the button was half inside. so I took a screwdrive and tryed to fully press the button and it completely went inside. I then got out a few tools to try and fish it out, thats where i made my mistake, I think when I was poking around inside the hole for the button I shorted something because the drive east/west button on the other side quit working. I did manage to rest the system but no I caint drive it back to zero and the dish just moves to a place that is no wheres near where it should be, and this is when it moves sometimes it wont budge.

I would really appreciate a tip on where I can get another motor for cheap as it will be another 3 weeks or so before I budget in another one. If someone has a used one at a good price I would really like that also. I am even willing to trade some 2300's or throw one in to sweeten the deal.

I did manage to rest the system but no I caint drive it back to zero and the dish just moves to a place that is no wheres near where it should be, and this is when it moves sometimes it wont budge.
You did re-enter your Location for USALS?
Did you try using DiSEqC 1.2 for motor control?
Is it a Original DigiSat SG2100?

Yea i did reset the location, if you dont the viewsat says range overflow right away.
I did not try the 1.2 becasuse I havent the slights idea of how ot use that. And it is an original. I think where I really messed up was that I used the manual drive button and moved the dish last night when I was not sure what was going on. When I tryed to hit go to reference it does not even allow me to press that button for that option. Ans as I said the button on the motor quit working now. I plan on buying a new one and when I take it down I will try to fix it as I do have some electronics back ground. I was an electronic tech for 11 years , before I went back to school for enginering. So I may be able to fix it but just in case I caint I need to have one soon. I am already starting with the withdrawls. With this being superbowl weekend it is really bad. I was planning a superbowl part but I caint bring myself to watch the game on the crappy picture that cox cable has.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)