How to Record OTA While Watching TV1 in Dual Mode

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
Just had the 622 installed and currently have it setup in dual mode so the grandkids can watch something else in the guest room.

What is the correct way to schedule the recording of an OTA show and still be able to watch a show on TV1 and another on TV2? Last night I selected from the guide, a show to record and selected the OTA channel. When the show was recording and I tried to change channels, I got the message that this will end my recording.

How do you record OTA and still use one of the sat tuners?

I selected the local CBS OTA channel (5.1) to record The Late Show with David Letterman via the EPG. When it brought up the recording settings I set it to record everyday (Mon-Fri). Last night (first time I tried recording something) we can home after the recording started and turned on the TV and receiver and got the box saying it would end my recording, and had the three options. I selected no and turned off the TV. I didn't try bringing up the guide.

When I got the warning box, what should I have selected or done?

I played with it some more and turned on record plus. Scheduled an OTA recording and after it came on I brought up the EPG and selected a show that used the sat tuner and it didn't impact the recording. Didn't get the warning message either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)