How to reinstall wii u game

catsfan76

Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
Hello guys. This is my first post on here even though I have been coming to this website for many years. I have found a lot of useful info on here. I need help once again. A couple of days ago I bought a preowned wii u Wind Waker 32gb bundle. After getting it home I discovered that the previous owner had left everything on it including his nintendo account information. So I thought I would be nice and do a complete reset of the wii and then reinstall Wind Waker. I have the digital download code paper so I figured I could just download it again assuming that the game is only linked to that system. Well I was a fool for assuming that. After googling this issue it appears that not only is the digital content linked to the system but it is also linked to the previous owners nintendo id account. Is this correct? And if it is, do you guys have any solutions or suggestions? I have emailed nintendo but I do not put much faith in them helping me in this situation. Thanks guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hello guys. This is my first post on here even though I have been coming to this website for many years. I have found a lot of useful info on here. I need help once again. A couple of days ago I bought a preowned wii u Wind Waker 32gb bundle. After getting it home I discovered that the previous owner had left everything on it including his nintendo account information. So I thought I would be nice and do a complete reset of the wii and then reinstall Wind Waker. I have the digital download code paper so I figured I could just download it again assuming that the game is only linked to that system. Well I was a fool for assuming that. After googling this issue it appears that not only is the digital content linked to the system but it is also linked to the previous owners nintendo id account. Is this correct? And if it is, do you guys have any solutions or suggestions? I have emailed nintendo but I do not put much faith in them helping me in this situation. Thanks guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where did you buy it? If you got it from gamestop you can return it within 7 days. I would just go back in there and tell them the code was already used and ask for another. If they won't do that I would return the system and then buy it again.

Thanks for the reply. I cannot return it. I bought from a local shop which was about 40 dollars cheaper than gamestop.

Thanks for the reply. I cannot return it. I bought from a local shop which was about 40 dollars cheaper than gamestop. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would still go back to the shop. They sold you a bundle, and you didn't get a bundle (without hijacking someone's identity and Nintendo account). If they can't make you whole, you should be able to return it (unless they explicitly stated that their 'bundle' didn't actually include the game).

I just got of off the phone with a nice young lady at nintendo. Said that they should be able to transfer the digital code to my nintendo account. Crossing my fingers that it works. I will let you all know how it turns out. Thanks for the suggestions.

I just got of off the phone with a nice young lady at nintendo. Said that they should be able to transfer the digital code to my nintendo account. Crossing my fingers that it works. I will let you all know how it turns out. Thanks for the suggestions. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Glad to hear that. Good luck.

After two weeks, Nintendo came thru and got back with me. I was able to redownload the Zelda game. Customer service was great (beside being a little in the slow side). And by the way, the Wind Wake was worth the wait. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)