How to remove channels from PG?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dickens_Cider

Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I did a quick search through this forum, but I couldn't find anything on the subject of this post.

I just got VOOM installed yesterday, so please bear with me. Is there any way to remove (or skip) channels from the channel list? I only have basic VOOM and do not get HBO, STARZ, CINEMAX, etc, so I would like to skip over these channels (201-271) when flipping through, or going through the program guide. Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help. This forum has already helped me tremendously.

-Dickens

Program the channels you like(or receive) as your favorites and use your favorites to search. Problem solved. ;)

Customize your favorites list. Then use the favorites button on the remote to bring up the guide. Many here have the favorites button programmed as the guide button on a universal remote.

Also...When you are on a channel, press Info, and then you use the color-coded buttons to browse the VOOM exclusive channels, just the channels currently showing HD, and your favorites channels -- without leaving your the current channel.

Thanks for your responses guys. Will this work if I just want to flip through the channels (using channel up/down)? In other words, will programming my favorites skip over channels I don't receive when channel surfing?

Thanks,
Dickens

Dickens_Cider said:
Thanks for your responses guys. Will this work if I just want to flip through the channels (using channel up/down)? In other words, will programming my favorites skip over channels I don't receive when channel surfing?

Thanks,
Dickens
I don't think so.

That's one of my main gripes with this box, you should be able to setup a favorites list or 3 and see only those channels in the list. It sucks to channel up or down only to hit a channel I'm not subbed to and get the "please call voom to sub.....".

You can use the green button (or is it yellow? I forget) to just flip through what's showing on your favorites.

Has anyone figured out a way that when you pull a guide up, it places you where your current channel is, instead of starting on HDNews everytime? That's my biggest complaint with the PG right now.

slffl,

That's one of the top two complaints. The next major software update is less than two weeks away, and most of us are hoping that annoyance will be fixed.

Ken F said:
slffl,

That's one of the top two complaints. The next major software update is less than two weeks away, and most of us are hoping that annoyance will be fixed.

Where did you hear about the update? And any rumors on what will be addressed or added?

Funky,

Wilt responded to an email (2-3 days ago) about the status of the software; it was posted in another thread. He said the update was coming either late this month or early next. All we know for certain and it will add OTA scanning and fix some issues with the current software.

OTA scanning?

What exactly is OTA Scanning? I live right smack dab between Boston MA and Providence RI and getboth sets of channels equally well. Problem is the towers are at almost exact opposite locations on the compass. I'm diplexing two RS ant and it seems to work okay with the ant going to the TV. Will OTA scanning allow me to choose which channels appear in my PG? Right now I'm just Boston. Will I be able to add Providence? Thanks! -Dan

Yes OTA scanning, if done correctly by Voom, will allow you to access any signal available. Kinda like when the TV scans the cable signal and adds or deletes channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)