how To replace 301 receiver with 811 receiver

dependable

Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
Hi,

I am currently using 301 dish network receiver to view south asian channels. But I recently got a used 811 dish network receiver from Ebay. Can I use the exsisting satellite and just replace 301 receiver to 811 receiver to view the channels? Also will I be able to view the local HD channels?

Will really appreicate you views on the above question.

regards
dependable

Hi,

I am currently using 301 dish network receiver to view south asian channels. But I recently got a used 811 dish network receiver from Ebay. Can I use the exsisting satellite and just replace 301 receiver to 811 receiver to view the channels? Also will I be able to view the local HD channels?

Will really appreicate you views on the above question.

regards
dependable
The 811 will give you the same access to SD channels that your 301 has. If you have an over the air TV antenna it can be connected to the 811 and you should be able to receive the OTA digital channels though you may not have guide access depending on what satellites you are pointed at.

The 811 will give you the same access to SD channels that your 301 has. If you have an over the air TV antenna it can be connected to the 811 and you should be able to receive the OTA digital channels though you may not have guide access depending on what satellites you are pointed at.

Thanks for the reply. I have more questions.
Can I connect my 811 receiver to 300 satellite? I have got a small antenna with the receiver will that work to get the OTA channels. Also one more thing i don't see any smart card with this reciever. does it have any inbuilt card?

No smart card? It am be a recvr called a 381. But you can plug your OTA into either recvr, either one will allow you to put the OTA channels on your dish guide.

The 811 has the card built in. Best thing to do is to plug in the 811 and run a check switch to clear all old info out. Unplug 811 and hook up satellite cable. Rerun check switch (menu 6-1-1 to check switch)

OTA works great. I have a 811 that I pretty much use for OTA only

Thanks for the reply. I have more questions.
Can I connect my 811 receiver to 300 satellite? I have got a small antenna with the receiver will that work to get the OTA channels. Also one more thing i don't see any smart card with this reciever. does it have any inbuilt card?
What do you have for an antenna? The 811 has a small UHF antenna that screws onto the back of the receiver for the remote control this is not for OTA TV reception.:)

What do you have for an antenna? The 811 has a small UHF antenna that screws onto the back of the receiver for the remote control this is not for OTA TV reception.:)

Yes you are right I have a small anetenna which gets connected to back of the receiver. So this anteena is not for OTA reception? If not then do I need to buy a antenna ? if yes then let me know the model.

The 811 has the card built in. Best thing to do is to plug in the 811 and run a check switch to clear all old info out. Unplug 811 and hook up satellite cable. Rerun check switch (menu 6-1-1 to check switch)

OTA works great. I have a 811 that I pretty much use for OTA only

811 receiver works with which satellite model? I have 300 satellite dish will it work with this satellite or do I need to buy a new. Just for the information, I will be only viewing the south asian channels.

Go to AntennaWeb to find an antenna for your zipcode.
The 811 will work with any DISH Network dish.

I am getting a blank screen after powering up the 811 receiver connected to the satellite 300 dish which is point to 61.5. Can you please let me know what should I do first to get started this receiver.

I am getting a blank screen after powering up the 811 receiver connected to the satellite 300 dish which is point to 61.5. Can you please let me know what should I do first to get started this receiver.

I assume the balnk screen is channel 0 which allows you to hook a dvd player etc into the back of the box

but to get the box to work
menu 6-1-1
that will bring up the satellite aiming menu

do a check switch...that will register 61.5 as the satellite

save the check switch and exit out....it will cycle through and download channels from 61.5

Thanks for the information. Receiver started & it is working fine. Can you let me know how to get the OTA channels & which antenna I should used.

I assume the balnk screen is channel 0 which allows you to hook a dvd player etc into the back of the box

but to get the box to work
menu 6-1-1
that will bring up the satellite aiming menu

do a check switch...that will register 61.5 as the satellite

save the check switch and exit out....it will cycle through and download channels from 61.5

you would need to hook up an antenna first. I use an outdoor antenna but it depends on where you are. If you're in a big city you may get by with rabbit ears. I'm in the suburbs and use a outdoor antenna (have had it up for 5 years now) :)

to add local channels its menu 6-1-5 scan DTV will scan the digital channels. ATV will scan analog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)