How to select multiple airings from same show to delete at once?

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I have both the HWS and normal Hopper. During cleanup, like when it records 5 shows that I no longer want on the HD, I can go into the show title and it will show me the 5, 6, 7 shows it's recorded. Is there a way I can select multiple shows that I want to delete with one delete command? For example, it's recorded DateLine NBC or the Nightly News but it's now been 4 days and I don't care what was on the news past today. I'd like to select as one unit the older shows and delete them with one delete all or delete selected command.

I can't seem to find it anywhere or even how to select multiple lines on the listing?

Is it something I'm missing, or a missing feature?

Right now, if there are 6 shows, I have to select each airing, hit select, delete, select the next airing, select, delete, etc. etc. Etc.

Thanks,
BW

Try going under the grey Edit button. Select the shows or episodes you want gone, then hit the delete button. If I recall you can do this in personal folders but not in specific show folder (sort by title if I recall)

It's easier than that. Go into the icon for the show. Go to the bottom of the list and press the blue button. Deletes with 1 key press. If you want to delete all the recordiungs of that show, just go to the icon and press the blue button.

Thanks all. Dwarren, sorry, not what I wanted, I don't want to delete ALL shows under the icon on certain shows.

Aiden's answer was the correct one, thank you.

By opening the icon to get a list of the recorded episodes, you can delete individual episodes by selecting the episode you want to delete and then press the blue button. If you wanted to delete ALL the episodes, you would just go to the icon and press the blue button. So it works two ways.

But that's not what I asked, go read the original post. I want to delete recordings 1,3,6,8,9 by selecting them and hitting delete ONCE.

Aiden had the answer. You can select individual recordings (like your PC where you CNTRL-Click and then hit delete once to delete only the highlighted files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts