?? How to set up LAN U-Verse gateway ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fulton

Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
:) I fixed the problem!! Norton Protection center was preventing file sharing.

:confused: I called U-Verse to get help to set up local file sharing and they said they could not help me. ( I had one before using a AT&T DSL with my own Lynksys router.)

For some reason I just can't get the file sharing to work. All PC's connect directly to internet threough the gateway. I tried to set up a LAN following the XP instruction for my situation with all PC's connecting directly to internet through a resident gateway.

I would appreciate help if anyone could talk me through the process of setting up a local LAN.

Thanks,

Fullton Cook
Saginaw, Texas

Last edited:
:) I fixed the problem!! Norton Protection center was preventing file sharing.

:confused: I called U-Verse to get help to set up local file sharing and they said they could not help me. ( I had one before using a AT&T DSL with my own Lynksys router.)

For some reason I just can't get the file sharing to work. All PC's connect directly to internet threough the gateway. I tried to set up a LAN following the XP instruction for my situation with all PC's connecting directly to internet through a resident gateway.

I would appreciate help if anyone could talk me through the process of setting up a local LAN.

Thanks,

Fullton Cook

Saginaw, Texas

Is your gateway a router ? May have to experiment with turning off Windows Firewall ?

Wyr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts