GEOSATpro How to setup microHD to automatically record broadcasts

sar2012

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Sarnia, ON
Yesterday, I got my new MicroHD. Setup of this machine is OK but the machine does not record any of my preprogrammed EPG setting! It's record well when I do it manually.

As an example:

Timer mode: daily
Timer service: record
Channel: VTV4
Date: 4/23/2013
Start time: 10:00 PM
Duration: 00:48

What did I do wrong? Could you please help.

Regard,

Sorry to hear about the challenge!

I don't see any EPG transmitted by VTV-4 on 97w. Satellite receivers require the broadcaster to include EPG service in order to record using the EPG menu.

How are you setting the DVR timer?

How is the Local time set: GMT - ON or OFF?

Is the time displayed correctly on the channel banner or is it incorrect?

Is the timer event still in the list?

What channel was the STB left on before the timer event and what channel was the STB on after the completion of the event?

Last edited:
Satelite Av,

Thank you for your reply.
- VTV 4 is on transponder 11966H tp14
- I first select to watch VTV 4 then go to DVR timer. This way, VTV 4 is already displaying in the timer. Then set timer as in my previous message.
- I did set Local time to GMT - On
- I did tried to manually update the firmware using: "S/W update via satellite - manual" but cannot find transponder 11842. Look like MicroHD searchs other transponders to find the update but it takes so long to find it. I then stopped it after 30 minutes.
- Yes the time display correctly when I saved. But when I came back to check it again after unplug/replug the power the date of the timer shift for 35 days later. I did correct the date but it keep shifting!

Yesterday, I set:
- Local time to GMT - Off,
- The firmware update to: "Automatic S/W update via satellite" for daily and changed to monthly after a few hours.
The timer date stops to shift now and I can start to record the channel automatically.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Great that you discovered the dvr setting error. Yes, the recording problem was due to the GMT being set to on and the receiver being placed on a channel that broadcasts the incorrect time.

To update via satellite, select transponder 12115. You should review the firmware sticky threads for update information in the sticky threads above.

Set GMT to OFF gives clock error every day thus I have to set the recording timer to 5 minutes in advance and come back to change the time every week. Otherwise I will miss the beginning of the recorded transmissions!!!

I hope that the new firmware will correct this problem.

Set GMT to OFF gives clock error every day thus I have to set the recording timer to 5 minutes in advance and come back to change the time every week. Otherwise I will miss the beginning of the recorded transmissions!!!

I hope that the new firmware will correct this problem.

Do you turn the MicroHD off and on during the day, or put it to sleep? You need to also leave it ON 24/7, or the time will tweak itself with every power cycle. It doesn't use so much power that turning off or placing into suspend mode helps any.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)