How to stop Dish Network from putting automatic timers...

now.. I had seen the timer was there.. and deleted it.. not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES ... and each time it came back.. the FORTH time I didn't know it and I'm in the middle of watching this show.. and because I'm in with the Sling Adapter .
Hence the recommendation to skip the timer as opposed to deleting it. I skipped the FOOD Network STAR timer for last night and it didn't fire.

if one timer picks up 7 episodes (i.e. Mash) at different times does that count as "1 timer" or "7 timers"?

That only counts as 1 timer. However, what your talking about is the event limit. I can't remember what it is, but I know it is much higher.

Hence the recommendation to skip the timer as opposed to deleting it. I skipped the FOOD Network STAR timer for last night and it didn't fire.
ya... saw earlier in thread... but hadn't thought to try skip ... I too have to admit they do it less frequently than in years past (when I was on a 625).

One of the reasons to harp on it ... is to get dish to realize there really are a lot of people that hate dish doing this to people .. and as I've posted elswhere.. why can't they DL this crap to *THEIR* half of the hard drive? I've never in all my years of service with DVR ... had DISH interrupt my regular TV viewing to download their PPV/VOD titles.. **never** ... that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.. but it suggests that DISH has different motivators, and at some point ... for bluntness ... someone said *F* IT ... push this as a timer ...to expidite getting the content to the user ...

its that one person or group that, again, thought they knew best.. and at least if I was *on* the TV I could have seen the timer getting ready to fire (the forth time) but because I was remotely connected.. I got shafted.. so the left hand doesn't use DRA or Dishonline with a Sling Adapter ... and so the right hand slapped it with content it couldn't stop. Dish how I love thee.. (yeah any company is just about as incompetent at some things)

How is that on a 211, it went to the EHD? I wouldn't have thought that possible.

I don't know how, but it was there. It works the same as my 622, the hard drive is just not internal. It's not an EHD, in the same sense as for my 622.

It's a 211k, if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
You could keep 96 timers going at all times and DISH can't plant any timers on your dvr. Because 96 timers are the limit that you can create without deleting one. You could even create auto tune timers .

Actually, from my experience, even if you have 96 timers, the DISH timers still go through. Then you have 97 timers. Also, the 96-timer limit, if I recall correctly, can be bypassed via DISH Remote Access.

That only counts as 1 timer. However, what your talking about is the event limit. I can't remember what it is, but I know it is much higher.

96 timers and 576 events.

Actually, from my experience, even if you have 96 timers, the DISH timers still go through. Then you have 97 timers. Also, the 96-timer limit, if I recall correctly, can be bypassed via DISH Remote Access.

96 timers and 576 events.

That's news to me. Anytime I try to create timer number 97 , I get a message saying : You have reached the maximum amount of timers and you must delete one to create a new one.

That's news to me. Anytime I try to create timer number 97 , I get a message saying : You have reached the maximum amount of timers and you must delete one to create a new one.
Is this when you try to create it through the DVR menus or the back door using Remote Access? 3HaloODST is talking about a special situation and I'm not sure you're on the same page.

I don't know as I only have about 23 timers.

What I meant was, say you have 96 timers programmed in, and DISH beams down a timer ad, that timer ad will be #97. You are correct, through the normal DVR menus, you cannot create more than 96 timers. However, using DISH Remote Access, you can.

You can have quite a few more than 96 timers if set up by remote access. You cannot add more manually until you are below 96.

I am often near the 96 manual limit because I have a lot on the wish list. It may give problems, beware.

-Ken

Is this when you try to create it through the DVR menus or the back door using Remote Access? 3HaloODST is talking about a special situation and I'm not sure you're on the same page.

I don't know as I only have about 23 timers.
I haven't tried to create a timer through remote access lately. It didn't work that well when I had the 922 dvr and I used remote access.

What I meant was, say you have 96 timers programmed in, and DISH beams down a timer ad, that timer ad will be #97. You are correct, through the normal DVR menus, you cannot create more than 96 timers. However, using DISH Remote Access, you can.
Okay, then DISH can definitely create a timer for you using remote access , even if you have 96 timers.

Why would Dish even set it up as a timer? Why wouldn't they just dl their short promos directly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts