How to Stop Recording on TV2 with VIP 722

ccuser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2008
How do I stop Recording (while recording) on TV2. I am using VIP722 in single mode (no second tv connected). Search result yeild that second remote can stop it. But installer took sec. remote away since I was not using second tv :)

Press DVR button twice to view the list of recordings. Select the item to be terminated. There is an option to stop the recording. (NOTE - this may not be precise, but it is close and the best I can do from memory at this time).

There are several other ways but this is the easiest - others involve channel changing and using the swap button, etc.

It doesn't work. I get following 508 message
this event is currently in use . please try later again...

I know one thing for sure installer should never of taken second remote. I would call and say something.

How do I stop Recording (while recording) on TV2. I am using VIP722 in single mode (no second tv connected). Search result yeild that second remote can stop it. But installer took sec. remote away since I was not using second tv :)
If you are are in single mode, you don't need the second remote to stop the recording. As was suggested, use the PIP swap button and flip to the recording channel and press stop or go to the dvr list of recorded shows and the currently recording program will also show. You can access that show and stop from there also. Maybe whoever set up the recording also protected it?

If you are are in single mode, you don't need the second remote to stop the recording. As was suggested, use the PIP swap button and flip to the recording channel and press stop or go to the dvr list of recorded shows and the currently recording program will also show. You can access that show and stop from there also. Maybe whoever set up the recording also protected it?

But, as already posted, the second remote should not have been taken. In single mode with shared view enabled, both remotes control all functions of the receiver.

In single mode there really is no difference between tuner 1 or tuner 2, and you can stop the recording either by viewing it or selecting it and hitting the option to stop recording. If you are viewing the channel but not the recording you can get the messages that were mentioned. Find the recording in the schedule and make sure you select it first in that case.

1).. the second remote should not have been taken. In single mode with shared view enabled, both remotes control all functions of the receiver.

2) In single mode there really is no difference between tuner 1 or tuner 2, and you can stop the recording either by viewing it or selecting it and hitting the option to stop recording.

3) If you are viewing the channel but not the recording you can get the messages that were mentioned. Find the recording in the schedule and make sure you select it first in that case.

I agree with you on all three points and point three is especially important to note. Good one! I forgot that.

I would definitely call Dish about the Second Remote issue. I was just trying to suggest a solution without getting into the legal issue.

Installer

I agree with you on all three points and point three is especially important to note. Good one! I forgot that.

I would definitely call Dish about the Second Remote issue. I was just trying to suggest a solution without getting into the legal issue.

I would 1st call the installation company and see if they will return the 2nd remote. There is a major reason to have that 2nd remote. Since you are leasing the system it will most likely be returned at some point. When that happens then E* will charge you if the remote isn't returned w/ the unit. If the installer won't return the remote contact E* at ceo@echostar.com .Let them know what has happened and who the company was that did it. Most likely the installer is trying to either keep "free" spares or reselling it.

DVR -> Schedule -> Timers -> delete

I know this is an old post. However it is the first link I found when searching google for the DVR TV2 stopping issue on dishnetwork 722......I found this after more searching, so thought I would post on here, so it might be easier for the next person to find.

"You can do it using Remote 1. You have to go, via the menu, to Schedule.....Timers and then delete the relevant timer. It will then delete that timer even though it's currently recording."

OR

"When you activate a manual recording, you'll notice that a button called 'Timer' as opposed to 'Timers' appears. By clicking on that button and selecting Delete, it will tell you that the recording will stop and do you wish to continue. select yes and the recording stops. You can then go to the list of recorded programs to delete it."... (goto : DVR ->Schedule->select recording program->then timer->delete)

Last edited: