How to transfer recorded items to desktop computer?

STINE

Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Hello,

I'm sure this question has been asked but when I hooked up my 625 via USB 2.0 and went to menu, clicked on "multi-media" it said my USB was not supported? What gives?

Many things! First of all, our 625s have a USB host port, not a client port. So you cannot hook the 625 up to your computer directly. The external hard disk is not available for 625s, nor is the Archos gen 5 Dish plug-in. About the only thing you can use the USB port for is the discontinued PocketDish players. Some people have found they can display photos with a memory stick. Perhaps that's the menu item you found.

Gary,

Dishnet intall guy initiated a conversation with me saying "yeah it's so cool, you can store all of your recordings on your computer, it's so easy."

Can I do it with the 722 receiver?

Dish recording are encypted, so even if you found a way to transfer the recording, you would not be able to view them on a computer.

You know, I'd like to see your face when you typed the BS and now when you'll eat the crow after reading a few threads here about recordings, encryption and transfers. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)